“Breakfast Visit”

Ranked #5 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Aberdeen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast on Saturday morning with one of my best friends who rated Cup Cafe very highly....
First impressions... Busy!
We managed to get a table however but it wasn't cleaned and I had to wipe the table and return used milk.... But like I say it was busy so I don't blame them!
I went up to order and the gluten free cakes on offer were brilliant! Being celiac it's always good to know where to get a good cake! I had poached eggs and bacon - easy to make and was nice. My friend however had waffles, maple syrup and fruit.... Looked amazing and I think it probably tasted just as good!
This place is well decorated and the atmosphere is great! Will definitely be back to sample one of the gluten free delights!
Agree with previous comments that Aberdeen needed a place like this!

1  Thank SneakyPeaks7

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just what Aberdeen needs! This place is great, I've been there many times with friends. The variety of teas is really good. I've had the waffles once and they were amazing - really big portions and the prices are good too! If I would change anything it would be to get new menus - they seem a bit worn and dirty.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

A Tea Shop, not a coffee shop, although the coffee is delicious too.
There is a huge selection of teas,all served in beautiful crockery, iced tea is an entertainment !

breakfasts of all types, a favourite is the scrambled egg with smoked salmon.although the Cup cooked or vegetarian breakfasts are too!! Great croissants or Sandwiches made with bread from the local breadmaker, taster platters and baked potatoes! all served with a small cup of the daily soup and salad,. a huge selection of amazing cakes and traybakes, with quite a big selection of gluten free cakes.
The atmosphere is buzzing and busy, and the lovely cheerful staff cope well with it all.

I go 2 or 3 times a week with different friends, and usually get a table, but it does get really really busy, as it is deservedly, extremely popular.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stumbled across this gem as we were looking for somewhere for lunch. The small restaurant was packed, but fortunately a couple were leaving just as we arrived. There was a wide selection of sandwiches available, served in several formats. Our selection was immaculately served on oblong plates and included a small "taster cup" of the soup of the day. The cakes also looked delicious, although we were full from the sandwich course.

The cafe is situated in a street parallel to Union Street, approximately 150 metres away. We will definitely return to this cafe if we are in Aberdeen again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

First visit and won't be the last! If I ever owned a tea shop it would be like this. From the minute you walk in it's a feast for the eyes. Beautifully decorated and very quirky.
Loads to choose from the menu- my friend and I decided on the afternoon tea - for £10.50 each we were treated to 4 different filled rolls, cherry scone with cream and jam, 2 different tray bakes, chocolate dipped strawberries and macaroons plus a huge selection of teas. My teenage daughter (who is not easily impressed!) loved her 2 huge waffles with bacon & maple syrup. She also had a pomegranate and blackberry iced tea- which looks pretty cool when it comes out. Really good value at £4 for the waffles and £2.50 for the ice tea considering you get quite a few glasses out of it.
The menu was really different and those that have young children (this is a yummy mummy kind of place!) they do a really cute children's afternoon tea for £6 which included cheese or ham toasties and Nutella pancakes and lots of other things children love included.
Definitely recommend- did not find it dirty and we visited on a busy Friday lunchtime. The only thing I would say is perhaps the menus could be laminated as ours were a little bit covered in food stains. However did not put me off.
Well done to the owners for creating such a fun place to eat in the centre of Aberdeen. Can't wait to come back next time we are in Aberdeen!