“fantastic staff, tasty food”
Review of Las Iguanas

Las Iguanas
Ranked #11 of 707 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

lovely cocktails, very tasty food and super service, that was the highlight! well worth a visit if youre in union square

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I go here regularly and have never been disappointed. The food is so good I'd recommend the xinxim :) be aware that the tapas plates are quite big so if your ordering for yourself 3 may be too much however great to share and it's great with cocktails in the bar. The cocktails are awesome here, my fav is the dark n stormy and the mojito.The Staff are always friendly and know the menu well. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family spent this Christmas in Aberdeen. We booked in Las Iquanas as it was close to our hotel. We found a gem. The service was brisk and even though we had lots of changes to our order...no mayonnaise, extra Jack Daniels sauce etc the entire order was fulfilled perfectly. Loved the Strawberry Red cocktails, lots! Young but friendly staff who made our time there fun. Although Christmas Eve they did not rush us or any of the other diners out. We ate there again during our time in Aberdeen. Would recommend.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Went to Las Iguanas yesterday having been before and knowing what to expect. The open fronted access to the place actually works well because the location is at the end of the public thoroughfare so not too many people walking past eyeballing you. As you enter, the mood of the place seems good, the music fits the place well and the small area at the front has a relaxed feel about it. There are about 6-8 small low tables with a few comfy chairs but mostly stools. We were there for a couple of hours and saw that several customers were waiting to pounce on the comfy chairs and swap for their stools-we did. At the back of the relaxed area is a see through partition to the much larger restaurant area which is a more standard kind of set up. Didn't go in yesterday but have been before. It's neat and tidy, the food is good and the toilets were clean. Back to the relaxed section. There was just one member of staff to cover the bar, serve customers and clear tables which wasn't quite enough therefore some customers had to sit at dirty tables for a while. It wasn't packed and although the staff member was working like a Trojan, she was under pressure to cope so occasionally needed help. We bought a litre bottle of sangria (the traditional one) which was nice but very sweet. It did the job though. We chose the 5 selection Tapas to eat. The portions were about right and the food was good...watch out for the peppers. Overall, pretty good, friendly mannerable staff and decent food. I don't really have a 'local' as such but if I was in Union Square, Las Iguanas would be on my short list. (Did I mention that I've never seen too many kids - screaming or otherwise- there).

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to this las iguanas for lunch on a busy Saturday where we were greeted and seated straight away. I visited with family who had not been to an iguanas before and was keen to show it off. The menu had changed slightly since I was last there but we all found something we liked the look of and everyone enjoyed their meals, especially the vegetarian option. I've never been disappointed in a las iguanas and this one was no different, I'll be back for sure.