“Excellent shawarma!”

Shawarma
Ranked #41 of 671 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent shawarma!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I dont normally eat takeaway kebabs, but one night my partner convinced me to try this place. We ordered two shawarma kebabs and a few starters. The food was fab and there was a lot of it! One shawarma is 2-3 meals for me. I enjoyed it so much we've had this twice in one month. Brilliant find.

1 Thank ashleygaidhlig

“Staff are moody”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

When the staff start to receive more delivery orders that reflects a bad attitude at the restaurant towards the take away & setting in customer who I think should be more appreciated as they bother to come in person!

3 Thank Sedeaq E
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little find”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Very friendly staff, lovely food, very fresh and tasty meal. Reasonably prices. Definitely going back.

1 Thank Julia H
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Finally, a great place for Kebabs”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Remember that scene in the Ratatouille animated movie, when the critic tasted the ratatouille and was instantly sent back to when his mother was feeding him...This was NOT my first impression!

My first impression was when I noticed that the food was tightly cling filmed - Wait, you know this is a takeaway review, yeah, the food was delivered to our door within 45 minutes - so yes, the food was securely and warmly wrapped in thick cling filmed -obviously a good quality of cling film, you can always tell how good restaurants are from the way they present/wrap their food.

I opened the first meal which was called: Makhsus, the portion was BIG! but that wasn't the first thing I noticed, it was the heavy aromatic steam of the saffron rice, which was a portion beautifully layered between the long-grain (really long-grain) white rice and the 2 meaty skewers of Kebab (I chose light, well cooked lamb skewer and barg kebab) and a super juicy grilled tomato in one corner of the foil plate, one mouthful of that meal and I was sent 15 years back.

Back in my peaceful home country in Iraq - We have similar food to Persia and Lebanon - back when we have a family gathering for Eid celebrations, back when instead of bullet triggering sounds, you head fireworks, reflecting on the river Euphrates, while kids running around with their kites, young men playing football, girls watching the fireworks with amazement, men barbequing while playing dominos, and the women...well whatever women do, I guess gossiping, then this one uncle shouts - FOOD'S READY! And by the time you get to the table all the kebab's gone, but guess what? There's more being barbequed, and it’s the best thing you ever had.

Back to reality...

The other two meals were the same "Chellow Kebab Koobideh" and where a duplication of each other, elegantly presented - as any good a presentation can be on takeaway plates.

Then comes the Chicken Shawarma, which was so tender and tasty, though I think it would have been better served on a wrap rather than rice, but the fault was all mine, the reason for this is; Chicken Shawarma is lightly shredded pieces of chicken, and when it touches the air for too long it gets kind of springy, but if it's inside a wrap with some garlic mayo then...

Am not a fan of Toorshi "mix veg pickles" but my parents adored it, there was a bit of everything, cauliflower, cucumber, garlic...and other things, it had a powerful taste to it -yes I did taste it, but am still not a fan.

Finally comes the Baklava, now it gets tricky here. If you don't know how to make something, Bring from someone who does, or doesn't!...The Baklava was nice, though I know where they brought it from, and for the sake of loyalty, I won't tell.

The price was a little over my budget, but then I again, am not a full time employee, besides, I've been waiting to have their food for so long but was afraid as I might get disappointed, so I didn't care anymore, I just ordered, and I was NOT disappointed.

To sum up "The following is mom's review": Excellent taste, Excellent Presentation, Excellent Delivery Time, Excellent everything...BUT! We demand that the second time we order, the food has to be exactly the same, with the same service, same amount, same everything! This is our only concern now, Next time we order in Ramadan, we're going to need more meat and more Baklava during this the holy month.

Thank you Shawerma for a great meal.

3 Thank Monty987
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Takeaway...in town”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

one of the best takeaway in Aberdeen,get fresh meet,properly grilled and rosted shawarma
same taste as i had one in Dubai

• Visited April 2014