“Very Authentic Thai Food”

Thai Siam Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #144 of 675 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our restaurant is a small 'casual dining' place,but we guarantee that our quality is not small. We carefully select only the best quality ingredients and ensure that every cooking step is meticulously done by our skilled chefs,who are ready to serve their specialty in Thai and Chinese cuisine to suit every customer's taste. Here we also offer a delivery to serve our deliciousness to your front door
Nonthaburi Province, Thailand
“Very Authentic Thai Food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Arguably best thai food in Aberdeen. This is the third thai restaurant I visit in Aberdeen. By far the taste is the best. Closest to Thai food in Thailand. The food was spicy and tasty. Good ingredient. The price is a little too high. The service is a little slow. The waitress is very friendly. Met with the cook and the owner. They are couple from Thailand. Definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013

Aberdeen
“Wouldn't Return.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Unfortunately, as with all the other Thai/Chinese restaurants/takeaways I've tried in Aberdeen; this establishment's signature dish appears to be based on the same intensively produced, super cheap, glucose solution pumped chicken breast.

I love Thai food, that's partially why it's so disappointing. The best Thai food I've had in Aberdeen is the stuff I made in my own Kitchen. I don't want to pick on Aberdeen but I feel as though there are many restaurants in this town that would be out of business were they situated in other towns or cities, where they would find themselves unable to compete on either quality or price. Thai Siam can join that dubious club.

By now I'm disillusioned enough to abandon my fruitless quest to find a good Thai Green Curry in Aberdeen. It's going to have to be the cook books and the Chinese supermarket from now on. If I can't be bothered cooking, and fancy some Thai food, I'll just go to Curry Club at Wetherspoon's; get a similar standard of food and save myself a wallet full in the process.

As for the interior; I don't like this 'discotheque' theme and it looked a little scruffy.

No draught beer, so bottles, so approximately £6 equivalent for a pint of Singha or Chang.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Laroos S
Scotland
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant looking for somewhere to eat before a show at the Lemon Tree. Feeling very hungry we decided to order the banquet. Every dish was delicious...freshly prepared and full of flavour. One of the starters....chicken served in lettuce had enough chillies added to hit the spot for my partner who likes to spice up his food. We liked the pace of service which let us enjoy each course without rushing in to the next one. We didn't quite manage to finish everything served but we tried! Excellent value and customer service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank catya47
Stonehaven UK
“Very good and very good value”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Suffers a liitle from being slightly off the main drag of Aberdeen, in the Castlegate, Food is very good and very good value. Drinks list is a bit limited but will no doubt get busier as the restaurant develops. Good variety on the menu and excellent value. Worth stepping the extra few yards to support a business an historical area of Aberdeen that is largely ignored.

• Visited April 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Cash only”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Called in for an early evening dinner at the Thai Siam and had no problems getting a table for two.
We chose starters of steamed prawn dumplings and a spicy Gang Liang Gai soup, which soon disappeared.
The generous portions of the main dishes, chicken satay, served with steamed rice and the red Thai curry, Penang Gai, were very tasy, but could have done with being hotter (temperature wise).
Disappointingly no coffee, other than instant, available and the restaurant doesn't take credit cards, which necessitated a trip across the Castlegate to a cashline machine.
Bill including two soft drinks came to just under £33.

• Visited February 2013