“Love the food!”

Yatai Izakaya
Ranked #60 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Yatai Izakaya is an intimate local eatery with a casual atmosphere, modern Japanese food that practices traditional technique while utilizing the best ingredients that Aberdeenshire has to offer. As a small independent restaurant, we have honed traditional methods over the past ten years to create our own unique take on Japanese cuisine. Our staff are passionate and knowledgeable and inspired by Japanese culture and ingredients as well as locally available and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was introduced to this place by a friend and have been going there many times since I move to Aberdeen. I love eel rolls and this place is the only one I know that have this dish on menu. The ramen is my favorite too!

There are newer reviews for Yatai Izakaya

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My first experience of Japanese food and really enjoyed everything we ate at the waiter's recommendation.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The food has always been great each time i've visited. The Yasai Dofu (vegetarian) is excellent. Portions are pretty generous for lunchtime, but that's certainly not a fault! Service is fast and friendly and i'd highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Friendly service,Excellent food,really tasty,local fresh ingredients,fresh squid from scottish coast,fresh salmon,wonderful sauces,sushi amazing,thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My friend and I dined here on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy and inviting, although beware of the particularly slippery floor downstairs. My friend slipped and fell when we vacated the restaurant. We decided to have a tasting menu whereby we advised our lovely Japanese server that we wished to spend £30.00 per head on food. We chose a few of the dishes we had sampled before, and asked the server to choose the rest. We dined on soft shell crab maki, sea bream, grilled eel, lemon sole in tempura batter, scallops with asparagus, spicy pork dumplings and still had room for dessert. We both chose rich, dark chocolate truffles covered in sesame seeds, with two small meringues with green tea flavoured ice cream. With a bottle of sake consumed, the total bill came to approximately £95.00. Well worth the price in my opinion. I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Donna M