“Tantalising experience for your tastebuds”
Review of Yatai Izakaya

Yatai Izakaya
Ranked #54 of 704 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Yatai Izakaya is an intimate local eatery with a casual atmosphere, modern Japanese food that practices traditional technique while utilizing the best ingredients that Aberdeenshire has to offer. As a small independent restaurant, we have honed traditional methods over the past ten years to create our own unique take on Japanese cuisine. Our staff are passionate and knowledgeable and inspired by Japanese culture and ingredients as well as locally available and seasonal ingredients.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a wonderful meal here with a friend. We tried lots of different things and they were all fantastic. It's been a number of years since I visited last but it is every bit as good as I remember. My personal favourite is agedoufu - deep fried tofu, ginger broth, but you must also try any of the steak dishes and we particularly enjoyed the skewer selections.
We had a few mixups with our orders but the staff were so lovely and appologetic and due to the nature of the food being served as and when it's ready it really didn't make too much difference.
I was a little surprised at the cost but I imagine it reflects the cost of the very high quality ingredients and the skill required to prepare them so beautifully.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My friends and I had a dinners at Yatai on Saturday night. The place was crowded. The food was great. We paid £105 for 4 people with no alcohol. Only smell of food keeps my review from 5 stars. All dishes are great.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Yatai for sushi, I am now however a complete convert to Japanese cuisine as everything I tasted in Yatai was bursting with amazing fresh flavours. Small place on 2 floors, we were downstairs so we could watch the chefs at work. Staff were friendly and attentive, food selection was good, and we were explained it was best to go Tapas style so we could all taste everything.
We ordered more, and more, then more - it did end up to be quite pricey but that was out choice.
I can't wait to go back, it was just so good.
If you like quality, fresh ingredients and really flavourful food you must go to Yatai

2  Thank Hawk345
Reviewed March 21, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was optimistic yet dubious regarding how authentic the food would be. However, I was blown away by the quality, quantity and pricing at Yatai. We tried the sushi, bbq and tempura (deep fried) items and everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We have worked in and around Japan for many years and I would say the food here is as authentic as it gets. The cocktail was even gorgeous and presented on crushed ice. I wouldn't say it is child friendly, but my 3 children were made very welcome and they even kept my stroller in their cupboard. As it was my birthday, they even treated me to a glass of champagne. Parking is easy with plenty available in Bonaccord Square. The entire bill came to around 85 pounds (including service) which I thought was very fair considering the amount we ate. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like Japanese food. Easily the best in Aberdeen.

1  Thank Duckbah
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We can enjoy same meal as the one in Japan.

I've just moved to Aberdeen, and am frequent customer already. Although we have only one ordinal Japanese restraunt in Aberdeen, it's good as far as there is Yatai.

My recommendation is Wagyu-Tataki, Sole Karaage and all Sushi, but, even the others are really good even to me, Japanese.

Anyway, it's amazing to me, we could enjoy good Japanese restraurant, here in Aberdeen.

1  Thank JmanInAberdeen