“A great addition to restaurant scene in Aberdeen”
Review of Aperitivo

Aperitivo
Ranked #44 of 757 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I had lunch on a wet and windy Saturday lunchtime. When we arrived the place was full which I took as a good sign. We were seated and our drinks and food orders were Aiken quickly with the food arriving quickly. We ordered 2 dishes each with a small portion of bread and a side salad which was more than enough. All of the food was very good but the calamari got cold very quickly and arrived without the marscapone dip. When we queried this we were told that the menu was in the process of changing which we felt should have been explained. We both really enjoyed the other dishes of ribs, swordfish and chickpea fritters very much but I was a bit is appointed when the over zealous waitress removed the bowls without asking if we were finished. All in all, we really enjoyed our meal but the couple off issues we found are what makes this a 4 star review and not a 5.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visited on Sunday 24th. The decor and overall atmosphere is nice and the service is efficient without being intrusive - apart from the staff topping up wine for you (a personal dislike of mine).

Food is good with some interesting choices. However, it might be better if it was either served in bowls that retain heat better or warmers were put on the table to keep the dishes hot longer.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our first visit on a cold Saturday evening was very warm and welcoming. The staff were exceptional as they explained the menu and showed us the specials of the evening. The tapas arrived along with some deliicious breads, oil and balsamic vinegar. The food was fantastic, beautiful presentation and tasted amazing. All in all, a lovely evening, with dear friends.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Well worth a visit and Friday was my first. Very busy place and quite hard to have a conversation without shouting. The menu is varied if not a little confusing and the food was very tasty. The waitress insisted we couldn't have the mains and starters at the same time due to lack of space, which annoyed me. The food when it came was good and the meatballs a favourite. Penne pasta special was anything but. Far too much sauce. Over all we enjoyed our visit but won't hurry back soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Myself and two friends decided to try out Aperitivo due to us all being big fans of Rustico Italian, and since we wanted to try somewhere new, this seemed like the perfect place!

We had all read the reviews on here already and, although there seemed to be one or two bad comments, we weren't put off! I am so glad we took the risk as I can genuinely say we all thought the food was great- you get quite large portions of food for very reasonable prices! As earlier comments said- two plates per person is more than enough (and maybe some chips on the side!) Even though Im not a vegetarian and had meat dishes, I would still say the best part of our meal, and something I would thoroughly recommend, is the breaded vegetable ragu risotto balls- they were delicious!

If you just want a casual dinner with friends, quick service and would like to try something a bit different- definitely try here!