“Good, but not quite as good as last time.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant

Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 658 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Forfar, United Kingdom
“Good, but not quite as good as last time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Took the Mrs there last night. This was our second visit this year.
Service was excellent as before with drinks order taken as soon as we were seated.
We ordered the masala dosa and veg samosa to start, and for mains, lamb bhuna, lamb chetinad, boiled rice, veg fried rice and Peshawari naan. Drinks arrived quickly, along with complimentary popodums with dips. *I think they were complimentary as we never ordered them.*
The samosa's were perfect triangles of crisp shell and lovely potato filling. The accompaniments with the masala dosa were gorgeous, as was the potato masala inside however, the dosa itself was something of a disappointment. I've had quite a few of these, and also on occasion make them myself. A good, fresh dosa is hot and crisp, this one however was more like a cold, damp towel with no trace of crispness or freshness and I couldn't help thinking it had been made in advance. I do realise that on a busy Saturday evening that chef may not be able to keep up with the demand for dosa but that is not my problem, it's a staffing problem to be addressed by the management.
Mains were delicious, tender chunks of lean delicious lamb in perfectly spiced and seasoned gravy. The boiled/steamed rice was perfect, as was the Peshwari naan. The veg fried rice however, was disappointing. I would have thought that, at £5.99 for a portion, someone would have taken the trouble to peel a few carrots, chop some green beans, shell some broad beans, but most of the veg included in the dish came from a bag of frozen vegetables. It's forgivable to use frozen peas as we all know that they have a very short season and to be honest, shelling them is a chore. For £5.99 I would expect it to include at least a token couple of exotic Indian vegetables, bhindi, shakarkand, baingan, kathal etc all of these are readily available at most Asian grocers so come on Shri Bheema, lets keep it real and authentic!!

In summary this Indian restaurant has the potential to be one of the top five in Scotland or even the UK, but at £56 + £5 tip it isn't cheap, therefor I object to being served convenience foods ie; frozen vegetables, and a reheated dosa. If I want fast food I'll go to Macdonalds thank you very much.......

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Gordon M
ShriBheemas I, Manager at Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent visit to our restaurant.
I sincerely apologize that you were not really happy during this visit.
We appreciate your feedback, and as you have mentioned, we are maintaining our high food standards and exceptional customer service. From our investigation into the facts of the incident you have mentioned, it appears that, the reason for the dosa to have been not crispy was because it came through the lift. We always advise staff to get fresh dosas from the kitchen directly. I have taken steps to make sure that this will not happen again. As you had mentioned, Dosa can't be pre made. It is definitely made to order only.
We are sorry that you didn't like the Veg Fried Rice. But that's the way we usually make fried rice. Okra/aubergine doesn't blend in a fried rice but if that's the way a customer wants, we always tailor make dishes according to their tastes and preferences. Next time, Kindly ask for what veggies you want to go in your fried rice and our staff will happily do it for you.
We strive hard each and every day to provide the very best customer service and quality food to our guests. We look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was my first time in shri bhemas on friday 25 oct, busy night fantastic food,and perfect service,will be back.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank 7698
ShriBheemas I, Manager at Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comments on our restaurant. We have been working extremely hard to earn reviews such as yours, and we really do appreciate the feedback.
Thanks for your comments, and hope to have another opportunity to serve you.
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I gather that the decor used to leave a lot to be desired but they have obviously spruced up the restaurant as it all looked clean and new. The food we had was excellent and it was good to see some different choices offered - plus most of the usual ones - Can't comment on the buffet and take away side of things as previous reviewers have posted but for a very busy saturday night, the restaurant food was excellent, good value and the staff charming.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank CarlisleDandJ
ShriBheemas I, Owner at Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our restaurant, your comments are very much valued.
We are continuing to improve the facilities in our restaurant in order to provide the very best dining experience for all our guests. Thanks for mentioning the improvements that we've made since we started.
Our Managers and all our staff, believe in providing quality food and personalized customer service, that our guests expect, and I agree with you, that they all are very good at their job!
We look forward to another opportunity to host you at one of our restaurants, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Average Buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went to Shri Bheema's for a buffet lunch. The decor is nothing fancy but for the prices you can't expect better. The selection was good and the quality of food was ok but all in all what I would expect for an average Indian buffet. I haven't tried a dinner/menu meal here so I can't comment if it's any better for specific cooked meals & table service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cretanh
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your visit to our restaurant. As you have mentioned, buffet dishes may not be of everyone's taste. Most of the items that you have chosen to eat are south indian dishes. We have other Classic versions that suit the tastes of all types of customers. We have a variety of Tandoori dishes as starters and mains. Our Naan Breads are second to none! Please come in to try our Dine In Menu once again. Kindly do not make up your mind with just one visit. We are sure that we won't let you down.
I will make sure that the positive comments about quality of food at decent prices reach all our Staff, who work hard everyday to ensure a positive guest experience.
I sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction on your visit.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling DON'T USE.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Really bad! Took an hour and half for delivery. It was cold. Cost £35 for 2 curries with 1 rice & 1 nan 4x poppadoms. We got only 2 dips.

This was appalling value for money.

DO NOT USE.

1 Thank Willard00001
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments on our restaurant. Firstly, Our Apologies for your dissatisfaction. We are very aware that customers are looking for the best value for their hard earned money, and we are confident that, we deliver excellent quality food for the price paid and we deliver on time as promised. If you had mentioned the date and time of order and the items that you ordered, it would have been easier for us to investigate this issue. Our staff always mention on busy evenings that there might be delays in delivery times and only if the customer agrees to go for it, we take the order else we don't. The maximum delay would be 1 hr-1.15 hrs and that too we call the customer in between to inform them of the delays.
Your issue seems to be rare and that's the reason I asked you for the date and time of order to make a thorough investigation. Also, unless you choose to eat expensive items on the menu, it doesn't cost you that much. Also 2 Papdoms and dip go as complimentary with every delivery. So if you had ordered 2 papdoms, we have given you an extra 2 papdoms, and you have received 2 dips. We give extra dips to customers upon requests. Please do ask for extra dips when you order next time.
We very much appreciate your comments, and hope to have another opportunity to serve you.