“Possibly the best Indian in town... if you can find it”

Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 679 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Aberdeen
“Possibly the best Indian in town... if you can find it”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A lot of the other reviews have mentioned that this place is 'understated' on the outside, but it is a real find and could well be the best Indian restaurant in Aberdeen. We had a voucher for 2 courses and a drink each for £18 but would not begrudge paying menu prices.

We were booked in at 6pm on a Sunday evening, and were the first ones in but the waiting staff made us feel comfortable whilst being friendly and attentive even after the restaurant began filling up.

For starters we had Paneer Tikka and Chicken Lollipop - these were a little on the spicy side for our liking, but were tasty. We then had Chicken Peshwari and Lamb Kadai with pilau rice and peshwari naan (the sides were at an additional cost) - these were fantastic!

If anything the portions could have been a bit bigger and in future, we would choose to order a portion of rice each, although the naan was large enough to compensate. Not content with 2 courses, we decided to splash out on desserts - the coconut ice cream and chocolate bombe certainly filled us up!

We can't wait to return, possibly to try the buffet. Highly recommended!

4 Thank ClioChick7
ShriBheemas I, Owner at Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are glad that you had very good experience with us. Thanks again for mentioning our strengths especially our food, price and service. This is very encouraging and would help us to improve in future. Its pleasure to hear that you had a very good evening. We would love to see you again.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
aberdeens
“Dodgy all round”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I should have gone to have a look inside first as this is not good looking restaurant inside or outside.Reminds me of a sweet centre or cafe in Southall area.I suppose the prices reflect this.
On arrival we were show to our table for 3 in the corner .We placed our drinks order and had to wait about 15 mins for them.The place was very cold and we put our coats back on after 5 mins.
There was only one waiter although the place was not very busy. After placing our food order we had to wait about 20 minutes for the waiter to bring out poppodoms we ordered, after that he then brought out complimentory poppodoms.???
We tried the massalla dosa and mixed vegetarian platter.The dosa was ok but the vegetarian platter was cold and could have broken teeth.
Had to wait another 20mins for the main course , rice was cold, I had a lamb vindaloo ,my wife had a mixed vegetable curry and my daughter had a chicken korma.All were disappointing.The peshwari nan was quite good.
The next day my daughter and myself took ill. I had to take 2 days off work and my daughter 1 day with a stomach bug,This is only the 2nd time this has happened to me in 37 years going to indian restaurants.This place is certainly not somewhere I would ever frequent again .

2 Thank sunnyg7
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“The real deal”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I and my wife have traveled extensively through-out India over the past twenty years and finding genuine Indian restaurants in the UK is a struggle. However Shri Bheema, is a genuine Indian restaurant and not a generic-British-dish-invented-Pakistani-run attempt at an INDIAN. Service, atmosphere and pricing make for a very complete package.
Not since Calcutta have I tasted Kheema Mutter that good and the Paneer Tika was perfection. Rice, naan, samosa starter and staff further reminded us of our love of India and Indian cuisine.
If you have been to India and miss your dosa ot thali fix, then Shri should be your destination. If you want real Indian food (not ghee soaked british invented dishes) then Shri Bheema is the spot.

Namasta

3 Thank DrFindlater
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are glad that you had very good experience with us. Thanks again for mentioning our strengths especially our food, price and service. This is very encouraging and would help us to improve in future. We are very happy that our service and our food made you recapture your memories. Its a pleasure to hear this from you and we would love to see you again.

The Owner.
“Amazing Find - up a Tenement Stairwell in Aberdeen”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I strong recommend this place. When you walk up the communal stairs you think... oo is this going to be a great place?? Coz the stairs and signage look simple. Then you are suddenly in a light airy modern restaurant. So far so average. Then you get the menu and you think this is different lots of new dishes here. Then the helpful staff come over. Bt nothing will prepare you for the food. I regularly eat in authentic indian restaurants in London. The food here was better than those! And it is very reasonable prices. Amazing amazing food and very kind and friendly service.

I recommend it to all!

5 Thank Scott S
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are glad that you had very good experience with us. Thanks again for mentioning our strengths especially our food, price and service. This is very encouraging and would help us to improve in future. We are glad that our waiter was very helpful in choosing your dishes and we are glad that we have not disappointed you with our food. We would love to see you again.

Aberdeen
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked a table for 7pm Saturday 29th, starters were delayed but waiter attentive and apologised, when they arrived they were very good and we were looking forward to the main. Unfortunately after several more apologies the mains finally arrived at 10 past 8!! My lamb was tough. fatty and several pieces totally inedible, certainly not worth the wait.
When we asked for the bill the waiter said he realised we had a bit of a wait but it was Saturday and the kitchen was busy - not my problem stagger your bookings. When we said that other tables that had come in after us and had been served their mains he said it was because we had a starter so their mains were cooked before ours - really. After reading all the good reviews felt I was in a totally different restaurant, won't be rushing back.

• Visited December 2012
ShriBheemas I, Owner at Shri Bheema's Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Customer,
Many thanks for your review. We are very sorry that you weren’t satisfied. I had enquired with the staff and found that you had ordered tandoori for your starters and that was the reason your food got delayed. We cook our tandoori from scratch and would never serve pre cooked tandoori. As you have mentioned in your review, the reason our starters were good is that, it’s made fresh on receiving the order. South Indian starters like Dosa or Idly can be made very quickly and that is why your next table got their mains early. Since you had tandoori for your starter, we wanted to give you time before the mains. If you had mentioned that you wanted your mains quickly, we would have done it for you. I would also like to mention that you came into the restaurant at 7 PM and left at 8:30 PM after a 3 course meal on a busy Saturday. We tried our best to give good customer service and when you left the restaurant, we believed that you went satisfied. Only after reading your review, we found that you weren't. We are very sorry for this and will try our best to rectify this on your next visit. We would love to see you again.

Thanks and regards