“Not for a holiday”

The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed for four nights, rooms were clean and comfortable. We've got a room on the ground floor looking out to a Burger king restaurant and a busy road. I tried to relax at the pool one afternoon but it wasn't possible, they only had to uncomfortable chairs there.
The restaurant and bar are nice and breakfast was great with very friendly service. We asked at the reception if they please could help us to find a rental car, the young lady at reception offered to call us and let us know. She never did. She also asked us if we want a newspaper in the morning. Because we are not from the UK we kindly asked what newspaper are on offer. The answer was: Many. For a holiday it's to far from the city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anleeb
KrisManship, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Anleeb,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I'm pleased to hear you found your room clean and comfortable and the team took good care of you.

Hope we'll get to welcome you back the next time you're in Aberdeen.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I went to this hotel in the summer with my wife and friends. We shared one room with two big double beds. This is a nice hotel with nice resturant, gym and swimming pool. I will recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NoisyMartin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Thistle Hotel Aberdeen Altens. It's great to hear you and your family enjoyed your time with us and we really appreciate the recommendation!

Hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Arrived at reception met with smiling friendly faces. This attitude continued all through our stay. The lady at pool and staff at breakfast couldnt do enough to help us and kids. Beautiful rooms and spotless. Eating was lovely plenty of choice and good portions. Wasnt bothered with noise or adjoining rooms a very pleasant relaxing break. Bring on the next one!

Room Tip: Search online for deals but go for a delux room minimum
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Steven C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Thistle Hotel Aberdeen Altens and for the fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a relaxing break with us and the team took good care of you and your family.

I'll be sure to share your kind comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Modern hotel. Room was well designed, comfortable and spotless. Family friendly. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Pool was clean and nice size. Restaurant, leisure and reception staff very friendly. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank kath C
KrisManship, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear kath C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Thistle Hotel Aberdeen Altens and for the great 5 star review! It's great to read you and your family had a lovely stay with us and the team took good care of you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was booked in here by my office for a course in Aberdeen,the room was clean and comfortable,
The staff where friendly and helpfull, the food was average and on two night's the service was on the slow side.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear IAMMILLPORT,

Thank you for finding the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased to read you found your room clean and comfortable and thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, its greatly appreciated.

I was sorry to hear you had issues with slow service and would appreciate the chance to discuss this with you further. My email is kris.manship@thistle.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am staying here only because it is close to office otherwise there is no reason to come to this part of Aberdeen as there is nothing else around. For food you need to go to town (if you don't wanna eat in hotel). I did not have dinner yet and I don't believe I will if breakfast is something to judge by. I have never seen in my life eggs being deep fried and they do it in front of you, I guess they want to show how fresh eggs are, but honestly I would prefer if I didn't know how they do it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, I was sorry to hear you had issue with the eggs at breakfast. As you mentioned, we do have an egg chef on duty to cook eggs to your liking. If there is a specific way you like your cooked all you have to do is ask.

There are several restaurants in the area within walking distance. The reception team can provide details and even book a table for you, again all you have to do is ask. The team are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed 2 nights this week on business. The hotel is located close to the office, so it's nice and handy. The quality of the food was very good and room service was really efficient. The membership is really good and I was lucky enough to get a room upgrade. Also free wifi which is unusual for Aberdeen. The price however was astronomical. £220 a night is way over the top, but that's the Oil Capital for you!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
KrisManship, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Shrimps69,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel and for sharing the experience. It's good to hear you approve of our free wifi! It's totally free & unlimited but unlike other hotel chains who only provide enough bandwidth to check your emails we work hard to provide superfast "business grade" wifi. It's currently one of the fastest in the city but in the coming months we'll be improving it further as our aim is for our internet to be in the top 3% in the UK!

Our pricing is dynamic, so its driven by market demand, the further out you book the cheaper the rate is. It's actually possible to book with us at £46.75.

I hope you will think of Thistle Hotel Aberdeen Altens for your next business trip in Aberdeen