“Business Trip”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over night on business and must say a stay made notable by the staff. Front desk very helpful and particularly liked the touch of them phoning my room to make sure everything was OK shortly after checking in. The bar staff and particularly one young waitress were excellent and attentive.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thistlehotels, General Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear mcadamwj,

Thank you for your very kind review following your recent visit to the Thistle Altens. Your comments are greatly appreciated, especially your encouraging remarks about our great team!

I hope you'll think of us next time you are in Aberdeen on business

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was booked for an event in the Albyn Suite and also two rooms for staff. The attitude of every single member of staff was excellent. They couldn't do enough for us. Highly recommended as a business meeting / event venue

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Garry409,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent event and stay with us, it's reassuring to hear you would highly recommend us as an event venue. I will pass on your kind comments regarding the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Cumbernauld, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I, along with other family members have stayed at the Thistle Altens on numerous occasions. Each stay has been a great experience. The hotel is in a great location... only a few minutes drive from the city centre, plenty of free parking, very friendly and helpful staff and it has great liesure facilities. I visit my daughter (Aberdeen University) frequently. I no longer bother looking at other hotels.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janice N,

Thank you for choosing to return to Thistle Altens, It's great to hear each stay with us has been a great experience for you and your family. I will make sure the team read your kind review and I hope we get to see you the next time you visit your daughter.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during October and it was a very pleasant stay.

The rooms were very comfortable - bathroom was slightly small - but not really a problem.

The buffet breakfast were fantastic - lovely variety. We also ate supper most nights at the hotel - which was great having everything under one roof. We were able to purchase airtime so I could connect to the wireless network - so no loss of contact with the family! We bought a bundle which lasted the entire week.

The hotel is on the bus route so transport into town was no problem. Didn't take me long to work out the transport system, and being online I was able to look up the timetables and plan my journey ahead of time.

It was also in walking distance of Makro and a convenience store which was great.

The staff was very courteous and during the course of the week they got used to our 'routine' and were were one step ahead!

I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: We ended up with a room near the back of the hotel so was quite a walk to the lift.. I would recomme...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thistlehotels, Manager at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Vonlud,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review regarding your stay with us, we really appreciate the feedback! It's good to see you had a pleasant stay and would recommend the hotel.

I hope we get to welcome you back soon!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed for the Hogmany party package and had a great time. Our room was lovely, the staff were friendly and helpful and the evening was a great success. We enjoyed the meal, the dining room looked lovely and festive, the band was Fifth Avenue who really kept the party going. I would certainly tell others about this Hotel and it was just the best start for 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear carol r,

Thank you for choosing to spend New Year at Thistle Altens and for sharing your feedback, I am delighted to hear you had a great time at our Hogmanay Ball.

Hopefully we'll get to see you at another one of events soon!

Aberdeen
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We recently stayed here over New Year for 3 nights. Had a really great time from the moment we checked in until we left. The girls at check-in were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was fantastic, absolutely huge. Sometimes a family room can be a bit cramped but this was probably the largest room we have ever stayed in! Food was excellent, good value for money. Drinks at the bar a bit pricey but that's the case with all hotels in my experience. The kids enjoyed the pool, not really much room to spectate if you have younger kids though. All the staff were friendly and cheery (despite working at New Year!). We will definitely stay there again and have already recommended to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear glenngal,

Thanks for the kind review regarding your New Year's stay with us, I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and I will make sure the team read your kind feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here prior to a work appointment, I have also stayed here on a few previous occasions. The hotel is situated in a good location for the altens area of the city and is also within 10 minutes of the city centre. The hotel is very well presented and initial impressions Re good. Check in staff are very friendly and efficient, getting you to your room quickly. My room was as before very nice, good quality decor and furnishings are of a high standard throughout. Nice room. I ate in the bar in the evening, the menu has a good variety to suit all tastes. Food is very good and is served quickly. The staff in the bar are as the rest of the hotel, very friendly and efficient. A nice place to be. Breakfast was served in a room adjacent to the bar, and it was first rate. very welcoming staff and great food, well presented. there was a choice of the usual cooked and cereals etc, but I would recommend the on demand omelettes, absolutely fantastic, made while you wait by a very enthusiastic chef...good stuff. I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Aberdeen. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in are the same, top notch.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Philip J,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Thistle Aberdeen Altens, it's great to read you had an enjoyable stay with us! I am delighted to hear you would recommend the hotel and thank you for your kind comments about the team, which I will be sure to share with them.

I hope we get to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in Aberdeen