Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre
$168
$151
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$78
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
$74
$71
Hotels.com
$89
$74
  • Restaurant
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Pool
$95
$86
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$49
$48
  • Restaurant
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$66
$52
$103
$93
$167
$94
Hotwire.com
All reviewschapel streettaxi rankmulti storeycity centresmall car parkfirst served basishi expresslimited parkingthe sofa bedself servicehot itemsthe breakfast areafree breakfastsaturday nightearly hourswhat it says on the tinunion st
Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is my 3rd stay here and i will be back in the new year. Excellent location in the heart of Aberdeen centre. On arrival we had a very quick check-in, room clean as i expected from HI Express, staff also very helpful, booking a table at a restuarant for us, helping with directions and I had forgotten my toothbrush, so was given a complimentary one at the front desk. Breakfast had all i needed and i noticed since my last stay they have addes a hotplate with sausages and scranbled eggs for those who 'need' a hot breakfast. 10 out of 10 for the people who work here from check-in to housekeeping to barstaff, thanks for making my stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank p19626295
ExpressAberdeen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2011

Dear p19626295

Many thanks for your kind review. It's great to read that you have enjoyed your stays at the hotel and that the staff were helpful. Rest assured, I have already shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

Had a one night stay here in November.

The hotel is located just off the eastern end of Union Street and is around a ten minute walk from Aberdeen Rail Statiion. It's ideally placed for all the shops and restaurants.

The bedrooms are clean and furnished with good quality fittings and a large LCD TV. The power shower was excellent and we had plenty of towels supplied. We had a family room for the three of us which comprised of a double bed and a bed/settee. The beds weren't particularly comfortable but there was a selection of firm and soft pillows to choose from. Our room was located off the main street and we had no noise issues.

A continental breakfast was provided with our rate. The food was well presented with a good selection of branded names. Various coffees were available and a selection of fruit juices. Also included was bacon and scrambled eggs which was hot, cooked perfectly and was constantly topped up.

Checking in and out was a breeze.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
ExpressAberdeen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Dear jimmyschippy

Many thanks for your review. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay and I was particularly pleased to see your comment about our brand new 32" LCD TV's. We're now able to offer over 35 channels plus a massive selection of on-demand movies.

Sorry that you found the bed to be a bit uncomfortable, we are aware of this problem in some bedrooms and are in the process of replacing all the beds in each of our 155 rooms.

I'm also delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast selection which is provided on a complimentary basis for all guests. The addition of hot items earlier this year has certainly proved to be popular.

Hope to see you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

I always aim to stay here, when in Aberdeen. The rooms are always clean and staff VERY helpful. The only drawback is the small car park, last time there I used the local NCP car park and forgot to put a ticket on and got a parking ticket. (My fault and not the hotel's)
Breakfast is also included in the room price and is good value for money.
I personally recommend here for anyone wanting a hotel in the centre of Aberdeen that is clean, friendly and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Contractor1

Please accept a huge thanks for such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that our regular guests are happy with the hotel and the staff. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

I booked a group of 15 Speyside whisky trail travellers to stay at this hotel. My original choice was influenced by the hotel's central location as well as the fact that I hold a platinum membership in Priorityclub. As we booked many months in advance, I was also pleased by the fact that I could negotiate a reasonable rate for us all.

The hotel's location was indeed quite ideal. The rooms were standard Express by Holiday Inn quality, nothing more - nothing less. (No king-size beds available for couples, limited choice in general).I was initially given a key to my room, but it did not work when I tried it. As all others from my group stayed one floor lower, I had the idea of trying 202 instead of 302 - and yes, the number had just been written wrong on the card.

The whole stay went ok for our group, but I felt the hotel could try and prep up a bit in their service attitude. My platinum membership was not recognized even just verbally, nor did I get any of the standard little perks which I have received at other Holiday Inn / Express by Holiday inn hotels (free drink, a warm verbal recognition). Similarly I did not get a late checkout - standard stuff for Platinum members. No one in our group got late checkout in fact.

I pointed out to the non-recognition of the platinum membership, and was told coldly that "we do not recognize it here in any way". Ahem - well, then I guess the business isn't needed, and I won't book any more of the bi-anuual tours to stay at this hotel, thank you. So much for brand loyalty. Was very surprised to see in the lobby the priorityclub awards that this hotel had received for service. What service?

• Stayed: September 2010

Dear mijansso

Thank you for such a comprehensive review of the hotel. It was good to read that in general, you found the hotel and it's facilities to be up to scratch. I am however shocked that your Platinum Priority Club membership was not recognised as this is something that should certainly have happened. We have recently been looking at new ways in which we can recognise our most loyal guests and I will certainly take on-board your comments as part of this. In the meantime, additional training will take place to ensure that all of our staff are aware of the benefits currently in place.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

For the price I paid for the room I thought it was good value, spacious room and a bathroom that looks brand new.
Breakfast was continental and not bad but I would have preferred a cooked option.
Check out time was a hangover friendly 11am.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Dear abz123

Many thanks for your kind review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the room to be such good value. Whilst we don't offer a full cooked breakfast, hopefully you did manage to sample our hot options from the buffet which consist of scrambled eggs and either sausage or bacon.

Thanks again