I booked a group of 15 Speyside whisky trail travellers to stay at this hotel. My original choice was influenced by the hotel's central location as well as the fact that I hold a platinum membership in Priorityclub. As we booked many months in advance, I was also pleased by the fact that I could negotiate a reasonable rate for us all.
The hotel's location was indeed quite ideal. The rooms were standard Express by Holiday Inn quality, nothing more - nothing less. (No king-size beds available for couples, limited choice in general).I was initially given a key to my room, but it did not work when I tried it. As all others from my group stayed one floor lower, I had the idea of trying 202 instead of 302 - and yes, the number had just been written wrong on the card.
The whole stay went ok for our group, but I felt the hotel could try and prep up a bit in their service attitude. My platinum membership was not recognized even just verbally, nor did I get any of the standard little perks which I have received at other Holiday Inn / Express by Holiday inn hotels (free drink, a warm verbal recognition). Similarly I did not get a late checkout - standard stuff for Platinum members. No one in our group got late checkout in fact.
I pointed out to the non-recognition of the platinum membership, and was told coldly that "we do not recognize it here in any way". Ahem - well, then I guess the business isn't needed, and I won't book any more of the bi-anuual tours to stay at this hotel, thank you. So much for brand loyalty. Was very surprised to see in the lobby the priorityclub awards that this hotel had received for service. What service?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre Hotel is situated in the West End of Aberdeen City Centre within easy walking distance of all the City Centre attractions. The hotel is only a stone's throw from Union Street and is ideally situated for your business or leisure stay. Holiday Inn Express is the common sense choice for the value-conscious traveller. All of our bedrooms boast a power shower, direct dial telephone and satellite TV channels. There's a bar in the hotel and many restaurants and pubs close by including the stylish new Albyn Restaurant & Bar just 5 minutes away. The Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre Hotel is the perfect base to explore Royal Deeside, The Whisky Trail, the many Castles or some of the North East's Championship Golf Courses. If you are travelling to Aberdeen on business, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel is located close to many large companies such as Shell, Exxon Mobil and BP. At the Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre Hotel we also have 2 superb air-conditioned meeting rooms with natural daylight which can accommodate up to 40 delegates theatre style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Express Aberdeen City Centre
- Aberdeen Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre Scotland