“Lovely Breakfast”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Lovely Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had a short weekend trip to Aberdeen and ended up in Cafe Rouge for a late breakfast. Salmon Benedict was gorgeous and really hit the spot, partner had full breakfast which was equally good. Only had one compliant - only one sausage !! Could have eaten two ! Staff efficient and friendly, would go back.

• Visited March 2013

“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

A very affordable lunch deal of 2 courses for £7.95.Obviously a limited choice but well presented and hot.Just the right amount for lunch and truly French.

Visited March 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“Not a bad lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Chose here for lunch as the food smelt lovely.
Both my friend and ordered a salad
I the caesar her the tuna and both looked lovely. My only criticism was that there was not a lot of sauce on mine but I didn't mind it still tasted good.
The price was good for a lunchtime meal
Might come here again the next time I'm in the area

“Very pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

After reading so many negative reviews of Cafe Rouge in Aberdeen, I was a bit wary about going with two friends today for lunch but, my oh my, the food was excellent as was the service! True, it may be lacking in authentic French atmosphere, seeing as it is in the Bon Accord Centre Food Court, but we sat inside and really enjoyed our meal. It was very busy but the service was good and the staff were all very pleasant. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited January 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great service, relaxed environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently dined at this restaurant in December 2012. After finishing my Christmas shopping, and exhausted at the trek, I decided to treat myself to dinner for one! The menu appears to offer something for everyone. I had the French Onion soup as a starter. A delicious, steaming bowl of soup was placed in front of me. I then had a rump steak with frites (better known as thin, crispy fries) with a bearnaise sauce. The steak wasn't the best steak I've ever had, and had been undercooked. I had asked for a medium steak and it was rare in the middle. When the waitress came to take my plate away, she asked if everything had been ok with my meal. I pointed out that the steak had been undercooked for my taste and she kindly pointed out that if I had brought this to her attention, they would have resolved the problem. I ate the steak regardless but it was good to know that they would be willing to rectify any mistakes. I would recommend this restaurant for a quick bite to eat rather than a special celebratory meal.

• Visited December 2012