It was the first time we have managed to get back to the best hotel in the North East of Scotland for quite a while and there is always the thought in back of your mind that the standards might have been lowered, but walking in the entrance soon banished that idea. The staff in the reception area were there to greet you and take the luggage and have you booked in with a warm and pleasant attitude in just a few minutes and on your way to your room.
It was a surprise to find that we were in the room we had used on our last visit. I think to say it is the most comfortable I have stayed in is not exaggerated and all the small extras seem of the best quality. Usually when I stay away for the first night it is difficult to get a good nights sleep not in the Marcliffe the comfort of the bed ensures a long and restful night.
We had booked a meal for 7.30 and went to the lounge for a drink where the staff had the drinks and the menu's to us very quickly (my wife who loves olives with her drink described them as nicest she had tasted another sign of looking after guests)
The meal itself tasted second to none from the starters (scallops for myself and a salad for my wife) The main course of lamb cutlets where cooked perfectly while my better half had the sea bass with shellfish, it took us all our time to manage a sweet as the size of the meal was perfect.
We finished off with coffee and drinks in the lounge which was the perfect end to the meal with the pianist in the background (have look on top of the piano and see how many well known faces are there.
Breakfast did not let the hotel down local products where used a lot, again great flavours and selection shone through a perfect to start the day.
When we booked out the staff were friendly and it made the paying of the bill less of a chore.
The thought of the The Marcliffe not being there saddens me an hotel of this standard are few and far between
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened by Mikhail Gorbachev in 1993, this is one of the cities more exclusive hotels.I am delighted to inform our valued clients that we have now upgraded all our TV's to slimline models with plenty satellite channels.Thank you all for your patience.J Stewart Spence, Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- The Marcliffe Hotel And Spa Aberdeen, Scotland