We stayed at The Marcliffe in early May. This is the first time we have stayed in this hotel for well over 10 years and I have to comment that not much seems to have been done to the place since then.
The ladies on reception were friendly and polite. We were able to get access to our room before the time detailed for check-in.
The bar staff were very attentive, in particular Stuart Cooper - he did a great job looking after our drinks order during the function.
The room was ordinary - nothing to write home about - could have been a room in any 4* establishment. The TV wasn't tuned in, the toilet didn't flush well and even after lots of fiddling I still couldn't get the curtains to meet in the middle. The bed however was particularly comfy - and we both slept VERY well.
Breakfast served in the conservatory was a delight - all cooked to order with options including kedgeree, kippers, pancakes as well as the usual full cooked breakfast. After a full Scottish and an Eggs Benedict served by the lovely smiley Caitlin, we were happy to go on our way feeling refreshed and well fed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened by Mikhail Gorbachev in 1993, this is one of the cities more exclusive hotels.I am delighted to inform our valued clients that we have now upgraded all our TV's to slimline models with plenty satellite channels.Thank you all for your patience.J Stewart Spence, Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- The Marcliffe Hotel And Spa Aberdeen, Scotland