I work for a multinational oilfield company and we held a conference at this hotel and afterwards I had the pleasure of staying here for the next 5 nights. The meal the hotel supplied after our conference was superb and continued in the same vein throughout my stay at the hotel.
The staff we so friendly and nothing was too much problem and they were magnificent before I even arrived in Aberdeen, as I was booked to arrive in Aberdeen the night before our conference the Marcliffe hotel was fully booked but they arranged for me to stay at another hotel nearby and for the same rate before transferring to the Marcliffe the next day.
The hotel then called me back to confirms this had been arranged and the service from all the staff is truly exemplary, I extended my stay twice at short notice and each time it was never an issue to do so.
My room was comfortable and had a free mini bar for snacks and soft drinks except for the weekend which I couldn't fathom out but what can I say I love my chocolate and peanuts and if they are in the mini bar they get eaten :-)
I did have a massage in the spa which was very relaxing but the hotel didn't have a hot tub or swimming pool but the again it's Aberdeen which is not renowned for outside pools.
The room was a bit noisy in the morning about 6-7am with trolleys outside the room in the rear of the hotel but as I was up and heading for the office it didn't overly concern me.
Would I stay the again? Without a shadow of a doubt. Hotels in Aberdeen are not the cheapest in the country but this hotel is worth every penny of your money for a stay in Aberdeen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened by Mikhail Gorbachev in 1993, this is one of the cities more exclusive hotels.I am delighted to inform our valued clients that we have now upgraded all our TV's to slimline models with plenty satellite channels.Thank you all for your patience.J Stewart Spence, Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- The Marcliffe Hotel And Spa Aberdeen, Scotland