My husband and I stayed only one night as an end to our trip in Scotland before flying from Aberdeen. We spent a couple of days at the start of our holiday at Bauhaus hotel in Aberdeen and highly recommend this. Bauhaus has more a modern style that suits our taste and the location is central and excellent to many places of interest and restaurants.
In contrast Marcliffe is old, dated and the rooms need a good refurbishment. In addition the hotel is around 15-20mins drive from Aberdeen centre. The hotel during season seems to attract many wedding and golfing guests. So if you would like a quiet stay, this may not be the place.
Though we are happy to pay for quality we found Marcliffe overpriced for what they offer.
On a good note the service offered by the staff was very friendly and excellent. The restaurant offers great food. I will not stay here again but highly recommend the restaurant for its fine dining,service and quality of food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened by Mikhail Gorbachev in 1993, this is one of the cities more exclusive hotels.I am delighted to inform our valued clients that we have now upgraded all our TV's to slimline models with plenty satellite channels.Thank you all for your patience.J Stewart Spence, Owner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Aberdeen
- Marcliffe At Pitfodels Hotel Aberdeen
- The Marcliffe Hotel And Spa Aberdeen, Scotland