“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Granville Guest House
Ranked #57 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while on course, a nice place, friendly and accommodating owners. Located in a great place for my course and having a continental breakfast meant I wasn't rushing to get out the door! Comfortable room with everything needed for a comfortable stay. Great communication with the owners during booking and there was no problem when I was to turn up later than agreed.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Granville once again en route to the continent. Aberdeen was bitterly cold and it was snowing. I phoned ahead to advise of my ETA. Saeed met me at the door with a beaming welcome and escorted me to a prewarmed room, which was a nice touch. The proprietor's attentive service and consistently high standard of customer service sets the Granville apart from other establishments. One feels like a guest, rather than a customer.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank rduvin
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Glanville Guesthouse between 17 and 19 December 2012. The booking was made for us and we phoned ahead to confirm our arrival. After an initial misunderstanding about whether we were brother and sister, which lead to our booking being for a twin room instead of a double, we were escorted to our room. As indicated, we did not make the booking ourselves.

We found the guesthouse to be close to the Airport and station. It is, in fact, within easy walking distance, which is just as well since it isn't easy to get a taxi in Dyce.The welcome was convivial and the host friendly and very helpful. We also found the room well appointed, warmed-up and very clean. The guesthouse doesn't offer a cooked breakfast, but the continental breakfast is adequate and anyone requiring a cooked breakfast can have this at hotels nearby. The host is also very amenable to ensuring that the patrons' needs are catered for and any reasonable request will be met. We enjoyed our evening meals in the dining room where the host regaled us with conversation and even a good chilli sauce. The shower in this guesthouse is certainly one of the best we've encountered in accommodation of this type.We recommend this guesthouse without hesitation for both leisure and business travellers.

We note that the person making the negative comment didn't actually stay at the guesthouse and that the comments relate mostly to his attempt at avoiding payment for a booking which was agreed on the usual terms. In this instance Scottish contract Law applies, not that of England and therefore consensus (and not consideration) forms the basis of the contract.

Room Tip: Be sure to advise the host of any particular requirements and be sure to communicate clearly.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've stayed regularly at the Granville and always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and breakfast available even for the earliest of starts so what more can a person ask of a b and b?

1  Thank James H
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I couldn't believe the negative review given by someone about the Granville. It couldn't possibly be the same hotel I have stayed in many times over the last few years. Maybe he was having a (very) bad day! Let me just say that the Granville is a delight, pure and simple. Quiet, extremely clean, and convenient for bus and train routes, it also boasts extremely friendly and polite owners in Salmat and his wife, Najat. You are met with a smile, and leave with one on your own face. I would not hesitate to recommend this little hotel to anyone. When you take into account the costs and drawbacks of staying in the larger Dyce hotels, and the poor quality of many of the other guest houses, this place is an absolute gem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joseph h
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed in the Granville now since May 2012 and spend 4 nights a week there. I have always found it to be really excellent. Everything is always clean and the rooms are serviced to a high and consistent standard. I have to leave early in the morning for work (Just after six) and the buffet breakfast is availble even before this time. Te guest house is on Victoria Street, the main street in Dyce and as such is handy for shops etc. I find it to be very quiet and relaxing, ideal for my needs and reasonably priced. The staff are always helpful and will go out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the high street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveypirateJones
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I came to Aberdeen and decided to stay in the Grandville after seeing past reviews. No deposit was asked and I was asked to phone ahead if I decided not to stay at the Granville (not asking for a deposit is very rare these days). I have to say my stay (which was for 2 nights) was excellent overall. The rooms were clean and up to a good standard. The lady was friendly, helpful and accommodated any request I made. Kudos on the staff.

The Grandville was accessible by both taxi and bus from the airport.

I can easily recommend the Granville to anybody. I would be very happy to stay here again as it was a truly pleasurable visit.

1  Thank James S