“Friendly, excellent service.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberdeen
Granville Guest House
Ranked #57 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've stayed regularly at the Granville and always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and breakfast available even for the earliest of starts so what more can a person ask of a b and b?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank James H

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I couldn't believe the negative review given by someone about the Granville. It couldn't possibly be the same hotel I have stayed in many times over the last few years. Maybe he was having a (very) bad day! Let me just say that the Granville is a delight, pure and simple. Quiet, extremely clean, and convenient for bus and train routes, it also boasts extremely friendly and polite owners in Salmat and his wife, Najat. You are met with a smile, and leave with one on your own face. I would not hesitate to recommend this little hotel to anyone. When you take into account the costs and drawbacks of staying in the larger Dyce hotels, and the poor quality of many of the other guest houses, this place is an absolute gem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joseph h
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed in the Granville now since May 2012 and spend 4 nights a week there. I have always found it to be really excellent. Everything is always clean and the rooms are serviced to a high and consistent standard. I have to leave early in the morning for work (Just after six) and the buffet breakfast is availble even before this time. Te guest house is on Victoria Street, the main street in Dyce and as such is handy for shops etc. I find it to be very quiet and relaxing, ideal for my needs and reasonably priced. The staff are always helpful and will go out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the high street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveypirateJones
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I came to Aberdeen and decided to stay in the Grandville after seeing past reviews. No deposit was asked and I was asked to phone ahead if I decided not to stay at the Granville (not asking for a deposit is very rare these days). I have to say my stay (which was for 2 nights) was excellent overall. The rooms were clean and up to a good standard. The lady was friendly, helpful and accommodated any request I made. Kudos on the staff.

The Grandville was accessible by both taxi and bus from the airport.

I can easily recommend the Granville to anybody. I would be very happy to stay here again as it was a truly pleasurable visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank James S
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked Granville for 2 nights. The night I planned to arrive, my wife was in an accident on the motorway in our car with our 2yo daughter. She was taken to the emergency room and I had to return to Kirkcaldy (closest hospital to the accident).

Shortly after getting to the hospital, trying to comfort my crying daughter and helping the doctors put my wife in IV, I called the guest house to tell them that I was going to miss the first night as I needed to get my family back to Edinburgh. The lady who answered started shouting and telling me what a terrible person I was for waiting until 8pm on the first night and that she had to turn others away.... She went on and on forever repeating the same message and asking rhetorical questions but not letting me respond. She also told me that I was no longer welcome in their B&B for the second night. Finally, she asked me "if you were me, what would you do?". I responded that I would have shown some sympathy and asked if I intended to pay for the first night (which I intended to do). I then told her that I could not consider staying with her business again after being treated so poorly. My daughter started crying in the background given the situation and she could tell how upset I was. I had to book another place nearby which was the last thing I wanted to do given the situation I was in with my wife and daughter.

I suggest you completely avoid this place unless there is a change of ownership. The heartlessness that was demonstrated by the management only makes me wonder what would happen if something went wrong while staying there. Avoid at all costs unless you are desperate and/or plan to avoid the staff completely.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank krumaneb
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I came to Scotland to do a bicycle tour, and finding a place close to the airport was crucial since I wasn't travelling by car. The Granville is just a few minutes away by taxi.

The owners are very kind and take you for your word. I called to book my room a few weeks in advance, and they only asked me to call ahead if I wasn't going to make it...they wouldn't take a deposit or credit card number from me. That's rare these days.

In addition, they were more than willing to keep my bicycle case stored for me while I tour Scotland for two weeks.

I can easily recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank MikeMTB
Reviewed November 29, 2011

we had booked at 'the beeches' in dyce and were disgusted with it. we were thrilled to find a vacancy at the granville.

we took the room and i went the 100 yards on foot back to the beeches to begin the three trips necessary to take all our luggage (we had no car). after i came back with the first load, sulaiman (the owner) went with me back to the other b and b and helped me bring the rest of the luggage.

at the time we took the room sulaiman told us there was no cooked breakfast. this seems to be the rule in the dyce area where the majority of the guests are workers in the oil industry and are out of the house early. the room was a twin and extremely spacious. the non-attached bath had a shower and huge bathtub. both the room and bath were spotless.

after an excellent sleep we went down for breakfast. sulaiman was having instant coffee. i remarked to him that was surprising as his arabic roots would suggest something quite different. before you know it he was in the kitchen making turkish coffee for my wife, me and himself! we shared a lovely coffee prior to our departure. and he helped take out all our luggage to the taxi.

we would be pleased to stay here again prior to any flight the following morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple