“Enjoyable Dinner”

Granite Park
Ranked #44 of 701 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, Private dining room, bar, ideal for lunch, dinner, pre/post theatre, business, entertaining clients.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I experienced the Granite Park for the first time this week. The location is very good and at 6.30pm parking was not a problem although a little pricey to park until 8pm. Nevertheless that is irrelevant to the restaurant.

As we arrived early we went downstairs to the bar which reminded me of "Upstairs Downsstairs". It was to me, at least, uninspiring and not in the slightest did it give any warmth. Glad it was not the winter!

However, the restaurant is bright, well lit and the staff both efficient and friendly. The menu is not overly large but well populated for all tastes and more than adequate.

The place was busy but the service was good. The wine list was adequate although we opted for "the glass". There was no rush and everything was timely.

I enjoyed Sea Bass which was perfect whilst one of my colleagues praised the standard of the Duck.

Very enjoyable and I would certainly return.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

2 courses for £15 is great value for any meal. The food is to a very high quality for this price. Lovely decor, nice setting and great food. Staff were very attentive. We both had the Crispy Prawns to start which were delicious - good sized prawns and very tasty. My brother had the Hand Battered Cod Loin for his main which he enjoy and I had the Char-Grilled Homemade Steak Burger which was delicious. Big portions sizes making it great value for money.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am happy to pay a bit of a premium to get quality food and quality service. That said I think it is perhaps a touch pricey.
The food was excellent. I placed my order but asked for the dish to be changed slightly to my preference which was not a problem for the staff/chef. I asked the waiter for his recommendation on wine and he was very knowledgeable with regards to what I should drink with what I was eating.
The restaurant was a little quiet when I first arrived but the music playing created a more lively atmosphere, it seemed to get busier after 8:30pm.

The staff were very professional managing to balance helpfulness without being too in your face.
I will return.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was a nice setting for a fine summers evening in Aberdeen; we were in the upper dining room by the window looking out over Golden Square. Service was good. Our starters were excellent, I had the Venison carpaccio - lots of strong flavours. Our main courses were good, but not up to the same standard as the starters, I had the Surf and Turf. Desserts were again excellent, mine was the "semi freddo".

Overall a good dinner in a pleasant place. Our bill for three courses for two with a bottle of wine and coffee was about £100, excluding tip.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having eaten here on a number of occasions, I highly recommend this well located restaurant in the heart of Aberdeen. Food and service are both of a high standard and staff are really charming. There is a cosy little cocktail/wine bar downstairs which is a lovely place to start/end an evening also. Will definitely be back!