“Surprised”

Prezzo Aberdeen
Ranked #251 of 688 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Conveniently located on the first floor of Aberdeen's Union Square shopping centre, close to the cinema and within easy reach of the rail station. With its stylish monochrome interior, Prezzo Aberdeen is the ideal retreat from the bustle of the shopping centre and a great place for post-cinema dining. Located on the first floor of Aberdeen's Union Square shopping centre.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Four of us ate at Prezzo following a cinema visit. I hadn't eaten there before and was surprised at how good it was. I consider myself to be a fair judge of food and could not fault my Pasta Rusticana. The service was good. The price was probably excessive BUT it is Aberdeen!

There are newer reviews for Prezzo Aberdeen

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I am sorry but who employed this manageress? This is the 4th time i have came here, each time she has greeted us and each time her face has been the same (i quote "dour faced manageress" a couple reviews down) her attitude is shocking, and we were not the only people in the que to think this.

I don't care if your busy, you should atleast greet your paying customers with a smile and apologise when our group of 8 had to wait 1 hour 10 minutes (!!) to be seated. It didn't help that she was strolling through the restaurant on her mobile half the time.

Food on the other hand - fabulous. It's consistent - always great and huge portions. Compliments to the chef who was working last night (Friday 8th February) who was rushed off his feet drinking a relentless for some energy - i hear ya. You are serving delicious food and should be complimented.

Food service... LUCAS... what can i say about this man? He made our night. This guy could be working in a 5* restaurant and would not have to change a single thing about his service. Courteous, attentive - SO polite. He really is a great asset to the restaurant and should be commended. If i could have him serve me all the time i would - great job. Keep on doing what your doing and hope you get the progression that you require.

All in all - great food, great servers and chef - horrific manageress who reduces your rating from a 5 to a 1. Customer service training required and quick.

2  Thank RachaelSutherland
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I visited Prezzos on 6th feb for lunch, we started off being seated quickly (good start) by a dour faced manager from Eastern Europe. Nice ambience, good smells, okay we thought not bad. Had a look at the menu, decided what we wanted.... Just need to order it........okay, is it order at the bar type of place.......no, other people's orders being taken......ok wait some more.......and more.......try to politely catch attention of said dour faced manager.......wait some more....20mins later!!!!!! I lost patience and shouted loudly as she stropped past the table again for her attention.. Cue, everyone looking around, wife suddenly remembers she dropped coin and floor and disappears under the table! "Yes" she says, looking even more dour... Can I please order my food and a drink, I've been here for 20mins? "We'll your server is on the way" and walks off!

Cue, a really polite, young (eastern european) girl, who apologised, and said that nobody knows what table they are supposed to be waiting on, and the manager won't tell them, that's why nobody came over to us!

We ordered our food, and then waited for our drinks.......and waited.......and waited......then magically (after presumably the rerun flight landed from italy with my peroni order on it) the drinks arrived! Then, heavens above the starter arrived too! Calamari and goats cheese. Cold, calamari....very cold calamari.....oh, we'll at least I've got something to eat, as the napkin was getting a bit dry from the chewing on it!

We finished, waited,....waited (you know what's coming here don't you?)... And waited. Tried being subtle, piled all the dishes up for them on the edge of the table with dirty napkins inside, only for another (eastern European) girl to come along, look at the pile of plates/dirty napkins and ask "have you finished".........?

I chased up my main course, was told 8mins, it arrived 30 seconds later... At least that tasted very nice, and we both enjoyed our pizza.

Nice waitress offered us free coffee, which was a nice gesture. Sour faced manager, never came close to the table or said another word, just glared at us as we left.

Total time in resturant, for a starter, and a pizza 1hour 50mins....good job I wasn't working that day!

To sum up, food was ok, pizza very nice, calamari would have been ok if it was even vaguely hot, but the service (apart from the poor waitress, who was very polite and smiley) was pants, and took far too long! Won't be going back.

1  Thank Heyiga
Reviewed January 28, 2013

loved the food, i had the meatballs and Penne pasta....and price. service could have been sharper though, but generally a great experience :)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm not a lover of chain restaurants, but chose to eat in Union Square as we had a young quest going home by train. Prezzo looked very good from the outside so ventured in.
Our waiter, from Eastern Europe was very friendly and polite and went off to get us drinks while we looked at the menu.
My calamari was excellent, nice and thin with a light batter, stuffed mushroms were also very good, actually tasted of mushroom.
We had a varied selection of main courses and desserts and were very pleased with the quality of the food.
Overall it was a very nice experience and would go back.