“Pleasantly surprised”

Prezzo Aberdeen
Ranked #231 of 679 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Conveniently located on the first floor of Aberdeen's Union Square shopping centre, close to the cinema and within easy reach of the rail station. With its stylish monochrome interior, Prezzo Aberdeen is the ideal retreat from the bustle of the shopping centre and a great place for post-cinema dining. Located on the first floor of Aberdeen's Union Square shopping centre.
Aberdeen
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm not a lover of chain restaurants, but chose to eat in Union Square as we had a young quest going home by train. Prezzo looked very good from the outside so ventured in.
Our waiter, from Eastern Europe was very friendly and polite and went off to get us drinks while we looked at the menu.
My calamari was excellent, nice and thin with a light batter, stuffed mushroms were also very good, actually tasted of mushroom.
We had a varied selection of main courses and desserts and were very pleased with the quality of the food.
Overall it was a very nice experience and would go back.

• Visited January 2013

• Greek first
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Going downhill ?”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my fourth visit to Prezzo in Union Square, Aberdeen and sadly the worst. My daughter and I went at just after 6pm last Friday evening and didn't have to queue to get in ( unusual). We were shown to our table by a friendly manageress who I saw on each previous visit. We ordered drinks then our meal. The food came quite quickly (perhaps too quickly) and I was disappointed to note that my food was really quite bland. I had crab and lobster tortellini with a cream/saffron sauce which I had the first time I ate there and which I remembered to be full of flavour! Mentioned my disappointment to our waitress who said that really it would depend on the chef as some season more than others?!? Oh well, plenty more restaurants ..........

• Visited January 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Horrible manageress”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Food was ok, probably too much of it but thats never a problem. Service from the waiting staff was as expected, no problems at all.

The main problem was the manageress who, when it was time to pay, wouldn't get off the telephone which meant that the credit card machine wouldn't work as someone was on the line. We were in a hurry to get home so wanted to pay and leave, the staff asked her how long and she turned her back on them. They asked me if I would leave card details and they'll put it through when she gets off the phone.....i don't think so !!

She ignored me when I politely asked her how long she would be. We waited another 10 minutes before I told her that if she didn't get off the phone now we were walking out without paying.

Very, very rude woman who swans about as though she's the Queen!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dons1977
Aberdeen
“brilliant pasta”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

good restaurant good food. i prefer other italians in aberdeen but this one is fine in the square. the pasta is good but the service was slow.

Visited December 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food for great value”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friend and I go to Prezzos in Union Square once every 2 weeks for lunch or dinner. I love the food, the size of the portions, the extra salad if one chooses that option (light)...etc.

Visited January 2013