“Good food, service not so good!! Cocktails rubbish!!”
Review of The Filling Station - CLOSED

The Filling Station
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Filling Station coast to coast American restaurant and bar, has been created by a team of people who genuinely love good quality food, drinks and good times! No doubt you're thinking, well doesn't everybody want that? It's true many people do, but we have genuinely struggled to find somewhere that actually delivers all of these things. So our solution was simple - let's do it ourselves, the result is Filling Station. When it's cooked well using fabulous ingredients, nothing beats authentic American food. Very few can resist a cocktail mixed by a real bartender who knows exactly how to blend flavours to achieve a perfect balance of strong, weak, sharp and sweet
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I used to love going to the Filling Station in Perth.....great atmosphere, food and cocktails......so I was disappointed. Firstly after being seated for a while we had to find someone to take our order......there was a mix up, but I think it had something to do with the language barrier........the cocktails are very expensive, very small and very very disappointing.....the only redeeming factor is my steak was lovely and perfectly cooked!!
Don't ask about dessert......their not on menu your server will list the choices.....I didn't ask a fourth time.....we paid the bill and went else where... I was gutted....

There are newer reviews for The Filling Station

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Went in for breakfasts. Decent deal with 2 for £10. Took half an hour to be served after ordering and it wasn't busy at all! Nothing special for me to bother going back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good attentive service without being over the top.
Meal deal was excellent value for money. Portion size was good. My only complaint was that I didn't like the olive oil on my salad so wouldn't have that next time. The atmosphere was good and I LOVED the music they were playing and there was also an excellent choice of cocktails. Would definitely return to.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

great food and good value. staff were friendly and free wifi is given at the place. the portions are big so unless you are hungry a main meal is more than enough to fill you up

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited Filling Station for breakfast on 15th September, mainly because my fiancee really wanted eggs benedict and It was the only place close by that we could get it.

Anyway, we got seated straight away and cannot fault the service at all. As said, we had eggs benedict and a traditional breakfast. When the breakfast came It was lukewarm at best, and they weren't exactly generous with the portion size! I asked for it without the eggs and tomato and replaced it with toast and bacon. The bacon was greasy and seemed to have more fat than actual meat and the beans were minimal and pretty cold. The eggs benedict were "ok" so not exactly a glowing reference there either.

They do a deal of 2 breakfasts for £10 which is good value, If they could make a few tweaks here and there I think It could be a very good place for breakfast at good value.

All in all, as my title says It wasn't bad, but certainly not great.