“ALL WAS WELL AT THE WELLINGTON”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #32 of 102 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“ALL WAS WELL AT THE WELLINGTON”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Staff we met were Michael, Paula, Stephanie and Lorraine. They were all extremely nice, helpful, and efficient too.!! Room[1] was small but comfortable, very clean, and bed was cosy. We had dinner on both Friday and Saturday nights, and everything we ordered [ from a good choice] was well cooked, tasty, and well presented, as were the breakfasts. We'll definitely go back soon.!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JLMA22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Inverness, Scotland
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were quite small but comfortable. The hotel is a single storey building beside a dual carriageway. With this said there was very little noise from the road and the room was nicely decorated. The bed was a bit bouncey and saged slightly in the middle. Not a bad hotel but not the greatest eithet

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was originally booked into the Thistle Caledonian for 2nights. At 11.30pm a noise started above my bathroom that was so loud it shook the walls. The staff were slow to respond and by 12.30am I'd had enough as the hotel was fully booked so they couldn't move me, and I certainly couldn't sleep (even with the earplugs they'd given me!). So I started ringing around to move that night. 21 hotels later (it was a Wednesday and the weather was atrocious so the choppers weren't moving to take the guys out to the rigs so everywhere was full) Frank at the Wellington said he had one room left for that night. He was so nice. So I didn't hesitate and said I'd be there within half an hour. I then took a look at some pics and thought it might not be the best I've ever stayed in but didn't think I had a choice.

Having checked out from the Thistle with them insisting on charging me for the 10mins I spent in bed £138 (!!!!) I jumped in a taxi in below zero temperatures with all my bags and went to the Wellington. Frank greeted me and insisted on carrying my bags in, didn't muck around with formalities and forms and all that as I'd clearly had a time of it and just got the key, took me to my room, told me what I needed and then left me alone to settle. Very nice room indeed. Very comfy bed, pillows and towels. Immaculate decor, very good tv MUCH better than the Caledonians. Great shower, tea etc available in the room. So I finally got some sleep, very happily.

The next morning I slept a little later to try to catch up and at 8.30 was ready to go. One of the hotel staff (all very friendly by the way) knocked on my door and asked if I'd managed to have breakfast... I said no as I had to rush to work and she was so lovely as she'd found out I'd arrived so late and insisted on packing me up a breakfast to have on the way. A delicious bacon roll! So I made sure my booking for the second night was confirmed.

Anyway. I could go on. They were lovely, the hotel was great. OK it's not right in the centre of Aberdeen. Ok so my window view wasn't of the amazing countryside or anything but their hospitality, the rooms, and overall their kindness would absolutely make me go back.

Aberdeen have a captive audience with all the oil guys so consequently often their customer service is less than it should be... Why should they bother... They always have customers...

The Wellington breaks the mould. Thank you. You're doing a fantastic job.

KB

Room Tip: I was in room 3 and it was great but from what I can see, they're all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WellingtonMgr, General Manager at Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. Frank is a valued employee and very important to our hotel. I am sure he will be very pleased to hear such great comments. We hope to see you again soon.
aberdeen
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Biggest mistake this restaurant has made is to remove the family childrens area, on asking a waitress why.? We were told changing it to a conference room makes more them more money!,, I for sure will not return it used to be nice to have a family meal with something for the children to do
Poor poor poor, pity they had a niche market not very many real family friendly eateries in aberdeen then again the pound speaks volumes doesn't it!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I will be looking in to doing more for the kids. We still consider our hotel, very much family friendly and hope you visit us again.

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great value for money, modern decor, fabulous breakfasts and the evening meals in the restaurant were very good quality at reasonable prices. Staff were friendly. Rooms were clean and tidy with a flat screen tv. Look forward to going back again.

• Stayed March 2013
WellingtonMgr, General Manager at Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we now have a new spring/summer menu with some great offers. Many new dishes to try, and some new additions to the 2 courses for £9.95 section. We hope to see you again soon.
Livingston, West Lothian
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night at the start of February - I was attending a birthday party in the Aberdeen Harbour area so this hotel was conveniently located. We booked a good rate through booking.com.

The hotel exterior is not much to look at but the interior is lovely. Our room was compact but had everything we needed for a one night stay. It was spotless and modern and the bed was very comfortable. The onsite restaurant was convenient and offered standard pub grub at reasonable prices. Our breakfast the next morning was very good with plenty of selection.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

went for a birthday dinner, adults only, got seats in the snugg, to witch was very nice, but,,, oh yes their is a but,, it was very cold, they even had the air con on,,service was very nice and very quick, FOOD WAS THE BEST BIT OF OUR VISIT, 100% HAPPY WITH WHO EVER IS THE CHEF, STARTER, MAIN, AND PUDDING, LOVELY. THANKS TO THE CHEF,,
Coffee's had t go back as they were cold, will be back soon, thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shirleylaing
Thank you for your feedback, I am sure the kitchen team will be glad to hear your comments.