“Great stay”
Review of Wellington Hotel

Wellington Hotel
Ranked #36 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night at the start of February - I was attending a birthday party in the Aberdeen Harbour area so this hotel was conveniently located. We booked a good rate through booking.com.

The hotel exterior is not much to look at but the interior is lovely. Our room was compact but had everything we needed for a one night stay. It was spotless and modern and the bed was very comfortable. The onsite restaurant was convenient and offered standard pub grub at reasonable prices. Our breakfast the next morning was very good with plenty of selection.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
WellingtonMgr, General Manager at Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Wellington Hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2013

went for a birthday dinner, adults only, got seats in the snugg, to witch was very nice, but,,, oh yes their is a but,, it was very cold, they even had the air con on,,service was very nice and very quick, FOOD WAS THE BEST BIT OF OUR VISIT, 100% HAPPY WITH WHO EVER IS THE CHEF, STARTER, MAIN, AND PUDDING, LOVELY. THANKS TO THE CHEF,,
Coffee's had t go back as they were cold, will be back soon, thanks

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shirleylaing

Thank you for your feedback, I am sure the kitchen team will be glad to hear your comments.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights 18th / 19th January 2013, a KGB deal our room was comfortable,clean and nice and cosy which was very welcoming after driving through a blizzard to get there, The staff were very nice so polite,friendly and helpful.The breakfast was good you helped yourself to cereal, yogurt,toast and what have you and ordered your cooked breakfast and we were asked was it enough asked if we wanted more. We ate in the hotel at night it was very reasonable you could have 2 meals for £10 the food was very nice and you could sit in a booth with a little flat screen TV fixed to the wall. The local bus to town (no 3) stopped right outside the hotel.We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had the most comfortable bed ever and did not want to get up in the morning, very cosy, the room was warm & clean, breakfast was in the restaurant which was lovely, all staff were very nice but in particular the maids, so friendly & helpful a credit to the hotel with their welcoming smiles.

Room Tip: This may seem like a standard hotel but walk inside & the character shines through, clean, frien...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose to stay at the Wellington following the mixed reviews of the Thistle.

On arrival the Wellington is a fairly standard looking pub / restaurant with plenty of parking but on entering it has been refurbished to a high standard.

The check in process was a fast and friendly.

I was given room 19, which on first impressions was decorated to a high standard with new looking fixtures and fittings but it was very small, just enough space beside the bed to get in and there was no desk or chair which made working a bit difficult.

Room 19 could have been a decent size but some of it has been taken over to accommodate the bathroom of the room next door. This leads to another issue, noise, it is very noisy every time the toilet is flushed. Also there is minimal sound insulation so I was awoken by the insomniac next door watching television at 3am.

The bathroom again looked new but there were a few issues with the cleanliness, an assortment of hairs and dust around the bath and toilet as well as some strange looking black gunk in the bath. Hopefully the cleaner just had a bit of an off day.

The restaurant offers a good selection of dishes and what I had was very tasty. The service was also very good.
This is the same for the breakfast, plenty of choice of the usual fare.

Ordinarily the negatives wouldn’t have been too much of an issue if I had paid £50 but my stay cost £99 B&B which I don’t think is value for money.
I don't know if I would stay again but if I did I would would ask for a bigger room and would expect to pay considerably less.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Wellington Hotel in Aberdeen ,is cheap and very nice and comfortable.The staff are very helpful.The hotel has been refurbished in the last 18 months and is still nice and fresh.Our room was no4, okay maybe a small double,but it was ensuite,with tea and coffee in the room,19ins flat screen tv in the room, very comfortable.
We arrived on the Saturday, made to feel very welcome,£78 for 2nights bed and breakfast,We asked about public transport in to the city,A stagecoach 7a,£4 single for the two of us,or afirst bus3,£4.80 single into aberdeen city centre,
Breakfast on the 2 days was very nice,typical full breakfast, toast,cereal,yoghurt,plenty of tea /coffee,orange juice.
We had dinner in the hotel on the Sunday,menu is nice not to much on it, and special offers on the menu.£12 for 3 courses, my wife and I went for the sunday roast.The food was piping hot and the portion verged on to much,but it was very good, my wife had the ham and I went for the beef.2 big portions of beef on my plate, yorkshire pud, roast pots and seasonal veg,excellent.
All in all I will be going back, when we checked out today we were informed on a friday they do pay for 2 days and get a 3rd free..
I will recomend this hotel most highly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
WellingtonMgr, General Manager at Wellington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Wellington hotel. I have passed your comments onto the team, we all look forward to seeing you when you next vsist us.

Thanks

Bruce Sheridan

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having seen this hotel about two years and only booked because of a special offer I was not expecting very much.
On arrival I was amazed to find it hade gone through a total refurbishment since my last visit. We were quickly signed and allocated our room, all of which are ground floor. The room was spacious, very well decorated and spotlessly clean. Complete with gas heating and flat screen television. we opted to dine in and the menu was quite substantial. Th emeal was excellent and reasonable priced.
After a comfortable nights sleep we went down for a lateish breakfast and that unfortunately was the let down. It had obviously been left under the hot light for some time as it was burned and not very nice to say the least. There were ample helpings of thick toast, tea and coffee.
We stayed for two nights and opted for a slightly earlier breakfast on the second day and can only assume the chef had changed as the breakfast was 100% better.
Only comment I would make is the breakfast is advertised as as much as you can eat and although I had more than ample I was not offered an ammount of bacon saugage etc.
In conclusion fantastic value for money and it wiil certainly be my first option on my next visit north.
Apart from the first breakfast all staff were polite and very helpful. On that occasion I will put down to a one off

Room Tip: All rooms at at the rear of the Hotel and I would imagine of equal location
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple