“wholesome fare”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2012

pleasant surroundings and efficient staff make this an enjoyable evening meal option. Portions are generous and dishes creamy, so you might struggle to find healthy menu options.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Food was not up to standard. Please don't be tempted to try the lasagne - disgusting!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Friendly atmosphere and it makes you fell like a local

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Always a good selection of up to 10 real ales, all kept well and taste fantastic.
Very rare indeed.
Food in the bar and resturant I'd rate above average but not quite up there with fine dining.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

My husband and I decided we would have our tea out as we were going to a concert. We plumped for the Brentwood as we had been there before for my son's 21st birthday and been impressed by the menu. I had also checked the sample menu online. It also says it changes every week. The service was excellent. It has also recently been done up. So pity the menu wasn't. I was expecting to get something different, maybe duck or monkfish, something just a bit out of the ordinary as every place in Aberdeen seems to have the same menu. I landed up with the gammon as it was the only 'different' thing on the main course. My husband plumped for one of the specials - haddock. Since when was battered haddock a special. What I had was lovely, plentiful gammon, lovely chips and vegetables done just right. I just wish there had been something more to choose. We live on the edge of Deeside where we have bountiful choice of fresh produce. Venison, pheasant, etc. So why was there nothing like this on the menu. On the sample online, on of the starters was pheasant supreme with cranberry mash. How lovely that would have been as a main. One of the courses was mushrooms and pasta in a cream sauce at the princely price of £13. Very much a profit making dish!!! Also scampi was about same price. If it was homemade fine, but it didn't say so, presuming then it was out of a packet. Pretty expensive packet. The waitress who was very friendly also had very poor English so found it very difficult to tell us what the specials actually were Out of 10 - 6. Sorry Louise and Dave, Aberdeen.

2  Thank loobylou299