“Lovely place”
Review of Casa Gabriele - CLOSED

Casa Gabriele
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ambal's Restaurant is the one which is serving selected and typical Indian cuisine with its real taste in Scotland. Situated at the heart of Aberdeen, it is serving its wide range of food varieties - from mildly spicy to fiery hot, vegetarian and non-vegetarian, soups, chicken - fish - lamb - shrimp, mushrooms. Just give a look at our menu on this web page for further details of our mouthwatering food items. We would like to request you to visit us and enjoy the typical and delicious foods in a cozy environment.Once you visit us, we are confident that you will decide to make the Ambal's Restaurant as a second kitchen for yourself, your family, and your friends. We treat our costumers as our guests. Hence, we believe in not only good customer service and reasonable price, but are also dedicated to the quality of food. Customer satisfaction is our motto and central to our service. Last but not the least, we must say that we are always loved by our customers; therefore, we are continuously serving them in a friendly and relaxing environment. This represents only brief information about Ambal's Restaurant, now it is your turn to provide us an opportunity to prove ourselves. We are eagerly waiting to welcome you in Ambal's Restaurant! See you soon!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Been a few times now and must go back soon. Service with a smile and food is always excellent. Mozzarella sticks to die for and lasagne is fab.

1  Thank Jools737
There are newer reviews for Casa Gabriele

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were visiting Aberdeen as an early birthday treat. We chose Casa Gabriele as it was not far from our hotel. We were able to book for 7pm (went in at 5pm). The restaurant was farily busy as you would expect near Christmas; there was one party in having a whale of a time. We opted to share the starter (Crostini) and then went for pasta and pizza which were reasonably priced (the meat dishes were quite a bit more). My pizza was huge and I couldn't finish it all. We also had suites but didn't go for coffee. We had a bottle of prosecco. The bill was just over £50. Staff were busy but friendly and attentive.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This restaurant is one I would avoid. Majority of the food was ok. One dish was very disappointing. What made this even more disappointing was the shocking attitude of the staff and especially the manager.
Serious concerns when a customer slips on a wet floor and not one person from the staff assist and no safety signs are out.
The service was certainly not the best the standard. After 3 requests for the bill when the staff were standing chatting at the bar, it finally came. The final insult came when a request was made by the manager for a tip to be left!!

3  Thank Ola1211
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Sunday night is maybe never a good time to eat in a restaurant but given its so quiet I can't excuse poor service. There were only three people or couples in the restaurant but the single waitress left me with empty glasses and finished plates for too long.

The starter of bruschetta was too salty for my taste but the main course of King Prawns and Lobster Ravioli was very good. Lot of tasty prawns.

I thought the prices reasonable especially for Aberdeen.

Decor is a little strange but a window seat is a good location.

Aberdeen has many excellent restaurants so I'm going to be tough and give an average rating.

3  Thank Will_HInverness
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was in the mood for Italian but Union Square was mobbed and the queues for Prezzo and Ask were out the door, so my friend and I walked up to here!
The waitress (I think is married to the chef) was lovely, can't fault her, but the food was something else!

I ordered Calamari to start with and it could have just been out the freezer secition of Tesco.
She asked if I wanted mayonaise or sweet chilli sauce to go with it - these options were not on the menu - I'm guessing people were asking for a sauce as it was so bland! I ordered a seafood ristotto for my main course and it was not risotto rice, I can tell you that. It was more like Uncle Ben's microwave rice with some garlic and seafood chucked in. I cook risotto often and that was not a risotto. I was very disappointed with both courses.
Also had to ask for salt and pepper - why not put it on the tables?
Won't be going back, and as someone else has said - there are far better Italian restaurants nearby.

2  Thank Sarah M