“Just okay”
Review of Casa Gabriele - CLOSED

Casa Gabriele
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ambal's Restaurant is the one which is serving selected and typical Indian cuisine with its real taste in Scotland. Situated at the heart of Aberdeen, it is serving its wide range of food varieties - from mildly spicy to fiery hot, vegetarian and non-vegetarian, soups, chicken - fish - lamb - shrimp, mushrooms. Just give a look at our menu on this web page for further details of our mouthwatering food items. We would like to request you to visit us and enjoy the typical and delicious foods in a cozy environment.Once you visit us, we are confident that you will decide to make the Ambal's Restaurant as a second kitchen for yourself, your family, and your friends. We treat our costumers as our guests. Hence, we believe in not only good customer service and reasonable price, but are also dedicated to the quality of food. Customer satisfaction is our motto and central to our service. Last but not the least, we must say that we are always loved by our customers; therefore, we are continuously serving them in a friendly and relaxing environment. This represents only brief information about Ambal's Restaurant, now it is your turn to provide us an opportunity to prove ourselves. We are eagerly waiting to welcome you in Ambal's Restaurant! See you soon!
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food was certainly okay and one of the two servers was good. The decor is a bit odd and the choice of plates (yellow flowers) was also strange. If you want wine by the glass, the choice is the house red or the house white; I had the red and wasn't impressed.

If I were stuck in a much smaller town, I'm sure I'd be happy to stumble across somewhere like this. In Aberdeen, however, there are a number of better restaurants nearby (Moonfish, La Stella, Bistro La Bonne, Rustico) that are in the same price range.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The cost of the chicken supreme is outrageous, with low quality ingredients and lack of taste. A fast food chain would have been more preferable. I would.not recommend.
Pleasant staff and interesting decor.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Excellent place to eat in Aberdeen. Just off Union Street and 5 mins from Bus/Rail Stations & Union Square shopping centre. The food is excellent and just right size portions. V Good atmosphere but on my most recent visit it was quiet being a Monday. If you like italian you will enjoy!

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Still reeling from this experience. I naively thought that a pizzeria would be able to make a pizza. It's not that hard. Well fair play Casa Gabriele, you showed me. Having waited interminably for a pizza I was surprised to be served with the charred remains of a frisbee. I was told they had run out of dough, that hadn't deterred someone from cutting a piece off the edge of my "food." I can only assume that either they hate themselves or it was some sort of sick joke. I cannot fathom that anyone would voluntarily eat one of these pizzas. I had the blood pressure of an 18 year old Olympian before I entered this place, the high salt levels in the olives and the pizza almost put me in a saline induced coma and I am battling to save my liver. Don't eat here. Unless you are mental or a masochist.

3  Thank PhileasFoggTravelDog
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Visited with friends on a Saturday night, restaurant wasn't very busy and was served very efficiently. All of our starters were really nice, plenty on the plate. Our main courses arrived and my meal was not cooked properly, the meat was still raw, owner came and whisked the plate away and returned a few minutes later with a fresh meal about three sizes bigger than the original, obviously to make make up for the raw food. but was really nice tasting. Wine was really nice and our table was by the window which had a good view of the centre of Aberdeen.