Atholl Hotel
$166
$150
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
$101
$84
  • Restaurant
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$80
$72
$100
$91
$80
$70
$63
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$65
$52
Agoda.com
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$49
ibis
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgolden weddingscotch brothpopular with localstraditional hotelgranite buildingroast beeffudgecomfortable hotelcooked optionswell run hoteltrouser presscity centresticky toffee puddingchain hotelslovely mealbirthday partyexcellent hotel
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Arrived late evening and was checked immediately to room 48. There is no elevator and I had a heavy suitcase plus hand luggage to be fair I was asked if I needed assistance which I declined. However after climbing the staircase, walking through a maze of corridors, down a flight of stairs before reaching my room. My advice to anybody would be to take the assistance if offered. This hotel is not suitable for anybody with walking difficulties and a definite no-no for wheel chair users.

My room was adequately equipped although the bathroom was on the small side but adequate for my two night stay.

A good variety on the menu for the evening meal and well presented. Breakfast provided plenty of options and was very good and well organised and the 3 ladies worked hard to please all customers.

Plenty of car parking spaces which is good considering the hotel location.

Friendly staff and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room as close as possible to the reception area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barneswallisred
AthollHotelAberdeen, Director of Sales at Atholl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi Martin, thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Atholl. I am glad you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast. Our team try very hard to provide fantastic customer service and your comments will certainly be passed on to them. We are unfortunately unable to fit a lift in to the building due to its layout and age. We look forward to you returning to the Atholl in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a small family run hotel. The rooms are spacious and there is space to swing a cat, if you wish, in the bathroom. Wifi is available, free. If you need cooked breakfast, you should catch the eye of one of the two ladies. I had difficulty doing that busy because they were busy with other diners.

If you want dinner in the restaurant, a table needs to be booked in advance. It was busy the evening I arrived. I guessed the place was patronised by locals and non-residents and is perhaps a testament to the quality of the fare. Service at dinner time was very good because there was a team of attentive young ladies at work.

One negative bit is that to get to my room, I had to go up a flight of stairs, then along a corridor and next down another flight of stairs. There are no lifts. I was told it was an old building and a lift could not be installed. So this is not the hotel for you if you are disabled or need a wheel chair.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room requiring you to only go up a single flight of stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Imliooper

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Atholl. Our main focus is to provide fantastic and friendly customer service and your comments will certainly be passed on to our team. Great to hear that you got to sample some of our delicious food. We are a favourite with the locals and a reservation is recommended for the evenings. Due to the age and layout of the building we are currently unable to fit a lift, however I hope this did not upset your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I enjoy my 2 day stay. The service was friendly and efficient. The food was of good quality and plentiful, bounteous even! The room was clean and fresh. The shower worked. The hotel was very busy and justifiably popular. Yet it was all a bit ...ordinary (?) . The rooms were miles from reception and there s no lift for the old folk. However it gets 4 rather than 3 and a half because it s excellent value.

Room Tip: Get one in the old building
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hi Hamish, thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is always our aim to deliver great customer service to all of our guests and fantastic to hear that you got a chance to try some of our delicious food. Due to the structure and layout of the building we are unable to fit a lift to the first and second floor, however I hope this did not affect your stay. We look to welcoming you back on your next trip to Aberdeen.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Arrived late evening but checked in straight away.
Only a small single room, but it had all you needed, especially as I was only staying for one night.
All my devices had a strong wifi signal but could not connect for some reason.
Room was comfortable and warm enough, bathroom was fine with no problems.
Breakfast was cooked to order, which took longer than expected, however the quality was good amd service friendly.
All in all a good hotel which offers quality.
Only bad thing is the dated decor.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we delivered great customer service. All of our guests' comments are passed onto our team.
I was disappointed to hear that the décor was not to your liking as all areas of the Atholl have been refurbished within the last three years. All the design and décor has been completed in a style in keeping with our traditional granite building. I hope this will not deter you from staying at Atholl in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on a previous occasion and the standards are still as good (if not better). We had a very warm greeting on checking in and given directions to our room which was spotlessly clean. The restaurant that night was fully booked for the time that we wanted to eat but there was ample space in the bar area. This hotel would appear to be very popular with the locals and judging by the quality of the food we can see why. We spoke to the lady on reception regarding rail journeys and other attractions in Scotland, and later in the evening she came to our seats and gave us printed out details of these venues...'nice touch'. Breakfast was first class, and ample parking. All the staff which we spoke to were extremely pleasant and a credit to the management. Revist is a must. Thanks to you all.
( Sat/nav will not locate this postcode.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. Your comments are very kind and will of course be passed onto our team. We aim to keep our focus on delivering fantastic customer service to all of our guests throughout the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Atholl on your return journey to Aberdeen and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.