“Aberdeens best little secret”
Review of Cults Hotel

and 1 more site!
Cults Hotel
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My only concern about writing this glowing review is that I may limit my chances of getting a room when I want to!
I've been staying at Cults Hotel regularly for over a year and I have yet to be disappointed.
I find the staff delightful and the food is great - even if I do have the same almost every time I dine there! But thats because I enjoy it.
As a female travelling for business alone - having somewhere I feel relaxed eating in the restaurant or having a drink in the bar - this is the best hotel I've stayed in.
Free wifi without the daft logins you normally get are a bonus too. Relaxed breakfasts and easy checkout also part of the attraction.
I am frequently forced - through business - to stay in other more well known and expensive hotels - but my absolute preference is to stay in this little gem.

Room Tip: Number 6 is my favourite (but I'm first) - all are good though.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed one night with my wife. We are local to Aberdeen and had eaten in the restaurant many times so were really looking forward to staying at the hotel and were not disappointed. We stayed in the "annex", the entrance to which is a few steps from the main hotel entrance. In return for this short detour we were rewarded with large, recently refurbised room with a really nice en-suite. Frankly it couldn't be faulted. Bed was very comfortable and since the room was very quiet we slept soundly. We are in the restaurant which was excellent with very attentive service. Breakfast was good too.

As others have noted the hotel parking is limited and can get full up in peak times.

Room Tip: Annex rooms have been recently refurbised and are of a generous size
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Lucky enough to be able to park car at hotel entrance, spaces limited. Climb up two flights of stairs to bedroom! Lift available but not operated independently so need to ask at reception which not much help when upstairs going down! Our bedroom was a bit small but very compact with some really nice touches, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. Good meals in restaurant especially breakfast! Hotel staff were pleasant and friendly. Wedding day experience was excellent and most impressed hotel overall.

Room Tip: Front bedrooms overlook a busy road which can be very noisy at times.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Ten minutes by car to the centre of Aberdeen, a decent hotel with a reasonably comfortable room.
The restaurant is a good size and for the four nights I stayed was always well attended, unfortunately I didn`t have a chance to eat there so I cannot comment on the food, howwever the breakfast was of an average quality with a bit of a haphazzard presentation.
The staff were polite and friendly, the bar staff were busy on the nights I had a drink but would take time for a chat when they were able.
The room was a good size with a clean and comfortable bed, very warm but I was able to turn the radiator off, decent clean en suite with soap dispensers on the sink and shower walls (I hate them)
The only minor niggles; the bedside reading lamps had black shades totally impervious to light which meant if you want to read then you have to hang out the bed with your book under the light and the wardrobes which are situated behind the headboard and therefore no direct light were painted matt black inside which makes it really hard to see what is actually in there. There were two light bulbs missing but as I didn`t report this to housekeeping that is probably my fault if the next occupants complain.
All in all not a bad little hotel for the money, and I certainly would not discourage anyone from staying there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed with my partner on Hogmany as wanted somewhere quiet, reasonably priced but also pleasant. Having dined at the excellent restaurant several times we were unlucky that it was booked up, however this was our fault for making a last minute booking. There was a Subway across the road so we went for this and ate in the room for some fine dining! On a serious note, the restaurant at the Cults Hotel is highly recommended.

We looked at the rooms on Tripadvisor and the one we got was very cosy with a little balcony. The view wasn't the most romantic (an allotment) but was still pleasant and overall the room was very cosy and welcoming with a nice bathroom and well worth the £75 we paid. For the bells we popped downstairs to the cosy bar at the back for a few drinks before retiring to the comfy bed. Breakfast in the morning was included and didn't disappoint.

As we are local to the area we won't stay here often, but if you are coming up to Aberdeen and not too fussed about being right in the city centre then I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Overall rating 5/5.

Pro's: Excellent hotel overall, first class food, welcoming atmosphere.
Con's: Limited car parking, 10 - 15 minute drive from city centre.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Hotels in Aberdeen are so expensive but The Cults Hotel is only 3 miles out of the city centre and offers good value for money. Very friendly staff and the food is excellent. The rooms are nicely decotated and the beds are very comfotable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Cults Hotel is a great place to meet up with friends for a meal. There is quite a large menu - but the food is always good. Be warned portions can be very large!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends