“Charming and great location”

The Jays Guest House
Ranked #3 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We visited Aberdeen at the start and end of our trip to the Scottish Highlands to see whisky country and the beautiful sights. The hotel is situated within walking distance of downtown and close by the football stadium and university. The couple tending to the B&B were wonderful with great suggestions of places to go all through Northern Scotland -- if only we had another week to take them up on all the ideas!

Room was a bit small, but fine - it is a B&B after all. Breakfast was great. I would highly recommend staying here! Great find!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 3CatsFromBoston
There are newer reviews for The Jays Guest House

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here 1 night with 3 other women. My daughter and I shared a room with 2 twin beds, our bathroom was not en suite, but that was okay. Everything was clean and comfortable. The hosts, George and Alice, were very nice. George helped us map out a route to where we wanted to go next and offered suggestions of what to stop and see. Great advice! Had a great day - Thanks George!! Wish we'd had more time to spend in Aberdeen. Had my first Scottish Breakfast at Jay's Guest House - delicious!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie48345
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a wonderful 1 night stay. We were 4 women, so we had 3 rooms, all twin beds, which is something one rarely sees in the USA. Immacutaly maintained, off street parking, nice breakfast and knowledgable hosts. They were able to give us suggestions and advice for continuing our holiday. Would not hesitate to stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank iamofireland58
GeorgeJennings, Owner at The Jays Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Hi Ladies,
Thank you for your positive review and it was a pleasure having you as our guests. I hope that you enjoyed the scenic route I told you about and that you managed to resolve your satnav. problems.

Kind regards,

George and Alice.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and i have returned from a lovely stay and from the moment we arrived we received a fantastic welcome and given all the information we needed.
Our bedroom was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was beautiful,
Unfortunately my husband was working but i was lucky enough to explore the shops in aberdeen and my there were lots. Alice kept me right where to go (thank you alice).
We will return soon and will make sure my husband is not working.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Couple23
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This Guest House was very comfortable and the owners George and Alice were exceptionally helpful. I was able to arrange for a package to be delivered to Jays Guests House for an exhibition the following day - this was facilitated and handed to me immediately on arrival. I was shown to my room and given a demonstration of how things worked. The car parking was very convenient and a healthy breakfast much appreciated. George and Alice were both very friendly and called me by name which added a very special touch. This was good, genuine hospitality. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Thanks4agreatstay
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I stayed athe the Jays for two nights and found it an excellent experience.

My bedroom was comfortable, the breakfast was plentiful and freshly cooked, and Alice and George (the proprietors) made me feel so much at home. They seemed to enjoy the company of their guests and were certainly prepared to go the extra mile to ensure the guests' comfort.

I had a problem with my early morning taxi booking (it failed to turn up as planned) but George and Alice really went out of their way to resolve the issue - I'd have missed my appointment had they not stepped in.

The Guest House is about a 10 minute taxi journey from the main-line station.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this Guest House.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank geo15
Reviewed April 15, 2011

The Jay's Guest House is a wonderful home away from home. Alice and George took wonderful care of me while I was in Aberdeen to visit my son at the University. I felt like I was staying with a beloved aunt and uncle. The room was scrupulously clean, comfortable, and well-appointed. Free wi-fi was included, which allowed me to check e-mail, book train tickets, and communicate with my family on Skype. The full Scottish breakfasts were always delicious and filling. I highly recommend the Jay's guest house.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo