“Good location. Tired rooms”
Review of Arden Guesthouse

Arden Guesthouse
Ranked #35 of 103 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night which was enough and slept with my socks on as the carpets were CLINGING (manky) heavily stained and in dire need of cleaning of not replaced ,the bathroom was tired and dated and you needed a telescope to watch the small tv. The house echos with every footstep and Door opening and I didn't get any sleep .Overall try another b&b unless you can get it VERY cheaply not worth what they charge

3  Thank mellencamp63

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Firstly the people are nice, the rooms are clean and the breakfast was nice.

The first night the noise went on until 11.00 which is not so bad as it's nice to hear people enjoying themselves.

I was in room 1 which is right next door to the owners private quarters - On the Tuesday it was very noisey until 2.30-3.00 am which is a nightmare if you are working the next day.

It's a shame as I would have went bac until the Tuesday night fiasco but that was really poor and disrespectful to the guests so on that basis I would rather eat my own shoe than suffer another potential night like the one I had.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Very friendly over phone when booking. Warm welcome once i arrived. Stayed for 3 nights. Room was very suitable- clean, coffee and tea facilities,warm, wash sink in room, tv with many digital channels. Shower facilities in seperate bathroom. Great choice at breakfast-fast service. 2 mins walk from train station. would defenitley stay again! Value for money!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bazza_harky
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Booked online, 5 months in advance, got email confirmation. When we arrived the place was full and the owner denied all knowledge of any booking or email. Judging by the flys hovering around our heads, the strange smells and the general air of grottyness I think we had a lucky escape.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2009

After a hard days work i couldnt wait to get back and chill out. I arrived at Arden guest house and it stank so much that i felt sick. I was taking to my room and couldnt believe my eyes, it was disgusting. The bed looked like it hadnt been changed for a while, the towels were falling apart and full of stains, the room was covered in dust, the sink in the bedroom was covered in hairs and the lock on the door wasnt safe atall. I found out i had to share a bathroom with 7 other rooms, it was that filthy that i couldnt bare to use it, it hadnt been cleaned for a while and was covered in pubic hair! The lady owner was very rude, i spent 15 minutes there and after finding out everywhere in aberdeen was full that evening i left and got the train back to Glasgow. I was so disgusted with the place that i felt dirty leaving, i couldnt wait to get out off the dump.That was my first time in Aberdeen and it will be my last, Arden guest house and the rude people put me off for good!! I wouldnt even recommend this place to an animal let alone a human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2008

Conveniently located, yes. The stay not convenient at all. The owner lady is very rude and actually thinks that she is doing you a favor by letting you in as a customer.

I travelled in to aberdeen in the evening and she told me she would not check me in after 7 because she has to go have her dinner. Nice welcome.

Also if you leave any of your stuff behind, never mind going back for it. She will have it sent to the recycling immediattely and will tell you that it was rude of you to leave anything behind and you cant expect the guest to keep your stuff.

I changed place after three.
My advice. Dont go there

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank smalltimepro
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Wanted to stay at this hotel as had seen good reviews on the web. Person who answered the phone was extremely rude. Will never telephone again!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2008