“Great value, great location!”
Review of Roselea Hotel

Roselea Hotel
Ranked #18 of 102 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Great value, great location!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I spent four nights at Roselea recently, and I enjoyed my time there! It's an easy 5 to 10 minute walk from the train station and Union Street (main shopping street in town). There are plenty of restaurants, grocery stores, and other amenities nearby. Aberdeen's Old Town is a bit further away, but it's not a problem for good walkers or bus riders. My room was large and comfortable, and I LOVED the Border Biscuits that were left in my room every day. :) The shared bathroom and shower room were always clean and never in use when I needed them. The cooked breakfast looked plentiful and good, but I can't vouch for the quality firsthand (I only had cereal and fruit). Also, in spite of the fact that there were numerous other B and Bs and guest houses in the immediate vicinity, I definitely felt like I was staying in a real house located in a real neighborhood. Can't beat that!

I would have liked to have some sort of map of the town available to take with me. Most B and Bs, hostels, etc. have cheap tourist ones available for free. Also, breakfast was only served until 8:30am. Since that's my normal wake up time, it would have been nice to eat a bit later. I suppose that wouldn't be a problem for a morning person...which I'm not. :P At any rate, the pluses of Roselea FAR outweigh those two tiny minuses. I'd absolutely recommend it to my friends, and I'd be happy to stay here again if I'm ever back in Aberdeen!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The b&b is located just 5minutes walking from Union St, the Train Station or Union Square, the mall. Nice and perfectly clean room with very good bathroom. The owner was always very polite and helpful to every need. I stayed there for four nights and will return in the future. This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night and recommend the place

We had a great breakfast with cereal, fruit, and tasty full English breakfast.

The room was clean and spacious enough and we found it was easy to walk from the train station in under 10 minutes.

The bed was a double and so a bit smaller than we were used to and in the morning the ensuite shower inexplicably had no hot water so we used the shared bathroom upstairs.

However we slept well and were comfortable. The owners are great hosts and were gracious when our later than usual train meant we arrived close to 10 pm

After our arrival we walked into town for an hour. As I say, nice and close in, but a delightfully quiet street

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very nice, clean B&B, nice spacious rooms with a rich selection of tea. Tasty full english breakfast. Cheese, cereals, yoghurts, selection of tea and nice coffee on top of it. Wifi avaliable. Rooms are not all en-suite, but the shared bathrooms are very nice, huge and very clean, even some nice shower gel or shampoo is prepared for their guests, or you can take a nice relaxing bath. And that only for 25 GBP per person per night.
We have stayed a few nights and can only recommendet this place!
Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Roselea House in April. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The room was cozy and super clean. The bathroom was stocked with everything you could possibly need. And the breakfast was simply delicious. Colin and Frances are a gracious, delightful couple with lots of information on things to do. We would go back there in an instant.

Room Tip: We were en an ensuite room on the bottom floor. It worked out well.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank italylover44
Wormerveer
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed two nights at Roselea House in Aberdeen and it was great to be there. Everything so nice and cosy and very clean. A nice warm bed in a wonderful room, which is more than only a bedroom. It was a nice room to be in anyway. I felt at home immediately.
Everything was taking care of with love. In de shower and bathroom was everything you need for a good bath or shower. There was even shampoo and handlotion you could use after washing your hands.
Colin and Frances are very kind and give you a warm welcome. Always willing to give you an advice and they take care of a nice breakfast.
Roselea House is a few minutes walk from town-centre. And all this for low prices !
A very lovely place to stay and I would highly recommend !!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Swanny19
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at the Roselea Guest House in February 2011. We traveled by train and found the guest house on foot very easy. There are many back streets which mean that when it rains you can get there even quicker! Always good to know!!
When we arrived we were welcomed by the owners and shown up to our room. It was a lovely room with everything you could ask for. The bathroom was back down the stairs but this didn't pose a problem, there was never a time that I went to the bathroom and found it engaged. There were toiletries already supplied if you so wished to use them which gave the guest house a real homely feel and personal touch.
Breakfast was freshly cooked and it felt like staying in a friends house rather than a strangers business.
Will be back in the summer but by car so hopefully parking isn't going to be too much of an issue.
Aberdeen itself is a clean city with plenty to see and do in and around the city. We found a nice Tapas Bar which offered 6 dishes for £10.95 on a Wednesday which is reasonable for such an expensive city. It is close to the guest house and called La Tasca.
Takeaways can't be eaten in the room but the owners allow you to eat a takeaway in the breakfast room until 9:30pm, may use this in the future.
Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family