“Very good B & B”

Ranked #49 of 102 Aberdeen B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good B & B”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent a week camping in the Highlands and stopped afterwards for two days in Aberdeen enjoying some comfortable beds and hospitality. We arrived by taking the bus from the central bus station. We had a really warm welcome and were shown to our room containing three single beds on the second floor. The beds were really comfy and the sheets nice and clean. Like every good B&B this one also offered a selection of teas, coffee, hot chocolate and cookies on the rooms. The bathroom was quite small but functional. The shower worked well with a reasonable control of the temperature. After a very wonderful night we down for our full scottish breakfast. The room however was rather small, nearly cramped. It could have been more comfortable. However, the breakfast was still very good and did make up for that.
Compared to other options, this one is a little bit further away from the city center than others but also slightly cheaper. For me in the future it is already settled where I will stay again in Aberdeen, namely here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sevilla
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good location close to centre, but great for parking. Aberdeen in February, warm room, very friendly reception, proactive service and excellent food. We would have no hesitation in recommending this for Bed & Breakfast, great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed for 14 days and cannot recall any difficulty or inconvenience experienced. Very quite place. Just as it should be. Rooms were really clean. I mean really clean. Cleaned daily. Shower / toilet area is modern and clean. Good quality shower amenities were provided. Did not see anything broke or loose in a room. Very good breakfast with variable choice. Tea / coffee tray is provided in a room. Rooms are compact. So may be tight for couple or very big people with a lot of luggage. Very kind and helpful personnel. The most important thing for me was internet... Hi quality internet covers all rooms and even smoking place outside. 15 minutes walk to city center. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for app12 days (originally booked in for 10 days, but were very accomodating with the longer stay and didn't make me feel that i had to pack up and go) due to my father having to go into Aberdeen hospital for a serious operation. My dad stayed here too the night before his admission and the night he was discharged due to us having to travel a further 240 miles home. Evelyn and Charley were very friendly. Providing me with a street map of the immeidate area. Willing to run us to hospital if needs be. The room was very clean and tidy and was cleaned every day and the tea and coffee compliments were replenished daily too. The breakfast was very filling and i didn't have to eat again until later in the day. In walking distance for the main city centre, which for me as a reasonble walker took me about 12 minutes to walk to the shopping centre. Also in walking distance for the Univeristy again 10 to 15 minute walk for me. As i was going to the hospital daily it also was within walking distance for me, although a little further and took me approximately 20 minutes. There seemed to be a very good bus service right outside the hotel, although i never used it. It has off road car parking facilities reserved just for hotel guests on the road behind the hotel, which is covered by cctv, but i felt that our car was perfectly safe there and only moved twice during my stay to venture further a field out of Aberdeen. I Would stay there again and would recommend to friends and family to stay there too.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the hotel and so quiet away from the main road, but i could also see my...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jude B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had a very enjoyable stay here at Arkaig. Room was really clean as was the ensuite toilet. All shower amenities was provided which is always a plus. Stayed in the twin room which might prove a little small for some people if you have plenty of luggages, like I did. Courtesy tray provided as well which was nice when a hot drink was needed at night. Breakfast was really good with a large variety of cereals and fruits to choose from. The cooked breakfast was really good too. Evelyn and Charlie were wonderful hosts and really helpful, even sending us to the train station when we were unable to call for a cab. Short walk (about 10 minutes?) to the city centre, which is good too. Loved it overall!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay at the Arkaig Guesthouse. the hosts were most friendly (helped us out when our car was damaged), and the room was large enough for us. The books on the landing were a nice touch. we had a room at the back of the house, so it was very quiet. The breakfast room was spacious, and the meal very good. The fresh fruit was much appreciated.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been in a lot of bed-and-breakfasts in almost fifty years, and this may be the best ever.
Very friendly; excellent breakfast, with super choices, including fresh kippers; sensitive to and prepared for celiacs; forgiving when my brother took his key with him and had to mail it back; walking distance to both Union Street (centre of the city) and to the University of Aberdeen (you can see the new library from some of the rooms); affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business