“Ace”

Aberdeen Maritime Museum
Ranked #1 of 152 things to do in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Owner description: Aberdeen has long prospered off of sea-based industries, from the boom of the city's fishing industry in the early 20th century to its oil industry today; this museum explores the historic developments behind the city's maritime industries.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was a very nostalgic trip for us as my Grandfather was a shipwright and has two ships and tools on show in the Museum. It is very well laid out easily accessible and user friendly.
The tea room was nice and did ask if we were on any benefits as there is a discount scheme.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was impressed with the surroundings. Very clean and bright. Prices were very reasonable compared to other City Centre establishments. Everything looked fresh and well presented.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything was excellent.Broad interest in maritime stuff in general. Interesting videos of yesteryear.Free entry, and a nice wee cafe

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went with my husband thinking I would be bored! But it was great! Well worth a visit! My husband works on an oil rig....and there is lots of oil rig information that was very interesting!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We went to tjis at my husband's insistence: he loves boats, I don't! I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and variety of the exhibits and actually found some quite interesting. They also had a computer set up to search for Abrdeen built ships. We used this and I was amazed tht it was esy to use, found what we were searching for, and gave us relevant and interesting information.