“Karl makes the most of your time”
Review of Aberdeen-Tours

Full-Day Two Glens Whisky Tour from Aberdeen
Ranked #2 of 4 Food & Drink in Aberdeen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We have a selection of Aberdeen Day Tours showing the delights that are within Aberdeenshire & North East of Scotland, from Aberdeen you can join other enthusiastic travellers for small grouped tours of Castles, Whisky Distilleries, Gardens, and hidden gems that surround Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire & Grampian.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friends and I booked Karls "Mystery Tour" because that's what he was offering on the Sunday we were in Aberdeen and I had read reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm glad we did. We didn't really know what we wanted to see in Aberdeen (the city itself isn't that interesting). Karl packed a lot into one day.... We spent most of the day in the countryside around Aberdeen but did hit some highlights in Aberdeen itself. We visited a castle, a stone circle, cliffs with beautiful views and bird/wildlife viewing and got a feel for the economy of the area both historically and today. The day was packed with interesting activities and was well thought out. My friend really got a kick out of having lunch at a garden center. There was a cafe attached and it worked. While this lunch location wasn't planned (the normal places were really busy), it ended up being pretty interesting seeing the locals doing their errands and we actually found things we wanted to buy in the garden center (much more than just shrubs for the garden). It was also quite affordable for being a small group tour (I'm not a fan of the large coaches).

There are newer reviews for Aberdeen-Tours

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My sister and I were in Aberdeen for a few days and wanted to see as much as we could so we looked into day tours. Were we ever glad that we found Karl's tours! He's very relaxed and easy going and is willing to bend the tour stops according to what the people want on the day. We booked both the Loch Ness day tour and the Three Castles tour the next day and we weren't disappointed.
You always have plenty of time at each destination and you are free to explore on your own, which is nice.
The van only seats 7, so if you are at all interested in booking one or more of these tours, you may want to do so ahead of time online. You can book at the Tourist Information Center on Union Street in Aberdeen, as well, but Karl's tours tend to fill up quickly.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family of 5 adults took Karl Fisher's tour to Loch Ness the last week of April. Our first time in Scotland. What a great trip for us. Karl met us in downtown Aberdeen, where we boarded his Mercedes Van. The drive to Loch Ness had several stops, Johnstone's Cashmere, Chivas Regal's birthplace, Inverness, the museum at Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, and the snowy mountains on the way back to Aberdeen. Karl Told us about everything we saw, gave us the history of what we were seeing, and let us stop and stand in the snow! What a great tour he provided for my family. We all had a fantastic time! Highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank WayneandLiza
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My fiancee and I were in Aberdeen in October 2012 and did the Three Castles Tour. Karl was a phenomenal guide and very funny too! Dunnotar Castle was one of the most amazing sites either of us has ever seen, and we thoroghly enjoyed Crathes Castle and gardens as well. After the final stop, Drum Castle, Karl even poured us all a dram of several different types of local whiskies!

We had booked the Whisky and Castle Fraser tour with him as well for the following day, but since this was the off-season no one else had booked so he cheerfully gave us a cash refund. Karl was also kind enough to pick us up at our hotel to make up for the second tour getting canceled.

We are returning to Aberdeen in June with my parents and will be doing two more tours with him! HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a great day-long tour with Karl- visiting three castles, with unlimited beautiful countryside in between. Karl was a great host - entertaining and knowledgeable, sharing local and historical information, and answering all questions. He also included a great unplanned stop for local fresh strawberries! The van was comfortable for our group of 4 plus several others on the tour. Highly recommend Karl and his tours!