Travelodge Aberdeen Central Justice Mill Lane
$103
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$51
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
$72
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$62
$80
$76
  • Restaurant
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$78
$62
Mercure
$75
$63
Hotels.com
$121
$112
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$58
$54
Agoda.com
$69
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsunion streetbusiness floortravel lodgeroom was cleanmulti storeycar parklimited parkingon arrivalshower curtainthe ground floorstayed here for one nightsaturday nightexcellent value for moneytrain stationgaborkarolwetherspoons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Arrived to a smooth fast check in, room on the 5th floor, looked like new carpets in the hallways, the room was possibly renovated recently too. A very clean and fresh looking travelodge. Only complaint was the ceiling lights didn't work. Stayed in a few Travelodges in past few years and this one by far the best

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

First time at this hotel and is almost perfect. Good central location but set back off the main road so quiet. I got a good price booking this in advance so as for value I couldn't have got cheaper for a city centre room. I love the self check in kiosks, very straight forward and effective for someone like me who uses travelodge a lot. Found staff polite and had no issues except in one rather critical area. Cleanliness!. This hotel is really grubby. Stair well is thick with dust, especially around the banister areas and clearly ignored in the cleaning regime. My Room at first looked clean enough, but looking a little closer I wasn't impressed with their standards. Found two large finger nails (real ones) on the light strip above the headboard. Under the bed there was a lot of dust and the sink plug hole had a lot of hair stuck in it. The bed was comfy and linen looked clean. The kettle was too big to fill from the sink so I had to fill from the shower. Oh that reminds me, the shower I had was also a little grubby, more hairs on the tiles and the shower curtain at the base was yellow and black with mould. Another niggle was the shower head being broken and sprayed water into the bathroom. Was pleased it was a wet room style floor as there was simply no way to shower without soaking the floor.

Location, price paid, ease of check in and check out was a1 but fell way short in cleaning and maintenance standards. Might return when I'm back in Aberdeen in January but only if this gets addressed otherwise back to premier inn or the other travelodge in Central Aberdeen. Seen similar views from other customers so hope these issues will eventually get sorted.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This week I have stayed in 2 hotels this one in Aberdeen and the Double Tree in Leeds. They were about the same price, but they could not have been more different! The Double Tree was excellent, this was awful. True this was conveniently located. But it was very expensive for what you get. Parking was free, for a limited amount of cars access was very poor risking damage to your car. Rooms had small TV's and very limited choice of channels. There was Mold on the shower curtains, they provided the smallest piece of soap I have ever seen (FOC). Shampoo was extra cost. I forgot my toothbrush - extra charge of £5 ($7.50). Towels rough and old. Access stairs between the floors were filthy, There were even old packets of cigarettes left on the floors as well. Breakfast was extra (of course) and was was a low standard. In fact they did not loose an opportunity to save money while charging as much as possible for what other hoteliers would provide foc. So I looked up who owns Travel Lodge - seems Goldman Sachs is a co-owner. Given a choice, spend your money somewhere else, this is very poor quality and very expensive.

Room Tip: You can get much better value unless you are desperate choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HOTEL-CALIFORNIA-101
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Aberdeen Central Justice Mill Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for your review HOTEL-CALIFORNIA-101. We do expect our hotels to be cleaned to a specific high standard and we are really sorry to learn that the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas did not meet with our expectations. Unfortunately as part of our brand standard we do not provide toiletries and we often find our customers prefer to bring their own, although any forgotten items can be purchased from our vending machine in reception. We’d like to be able to investigate your concerns, to help us contact you please visit our website and select the Contact Us button and please be sure to indicate that you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in room 318. Bathroom had vomit, at least we hope it was vomit on wall and back of door. Toilet also ran constantly and leaked onto the floor. Informed reception as we were going out on first morning and we were told that housekeeping would be made aware and that bathroom would be cleaned and toilet looked at.

Bathroom was not cleaned and whatever the disgusting substance on the wall was it remained. Toilet continued to run and leak.

As we were checking out we again made reception aware about the state of the bathroom and that we were far from happy about the whole unresolved affair.

Supervisor on reception offered her apologies and also stated that if we e-mailed the travelodge then they would be able to offer us a half price e-voucher on any future stay.

So far we have e-mailed this establishment twice and yet have received no response at all, not even confirmation of e-mails.

My advice would be that if you have a problem with this Travelodge then try to get a resolve there and then and don't be fobbed off with any false promises of future correspondence.

Room Tip: Avoid room 318.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael b
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Aberdeen Central Justice Mill Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

We are sorry about the poor experience you had at our Aberdeen Justice Mill Lane Hotel michael b. Our housekeeping staff are trained to ensure that all rooms are clean and fresh and so it is regrettable to learn your room was not up to the high standards which we expect on this occasion. Our staff are also trained on how to deal with all situations so we are sorry to learn that they did not resolve this during your stay. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the Hotel Manager so that this can be addressed. Our Customer Care team do reply to all contacts received and our customers are provided with a holding email, so we are currently unsure of where you have sent your email. Please use the Contact Us form on our website and indicate you have a left a TripAdvisor review and we’ll be sure to look into this for you.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I chose this Travelodge as an overnight stay for after a concert in Aberdeen.

Turned out to be the perfect choice - right in the City Centre but not on the main street so no traffic noise and even some free underground parking there (about 25 spaces).

Quiet comfortable room with the new Travelodge bed - and 4 PLUMP pillows *unlike the often encountered limp/floppy pillows at other Travelodges (Braehead, please note)!

In house bar and cafe with good opening hours (although I never used that facility during my stay).

No problems - staff I encountered were all pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo