“Location the only good thing.”

Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here as I could not find another hotel in the area. Rooms doesn't have any cooling (only heating). Unless I opened up the window, it became a sauna. Very noisy hotel. Could hear people walking in room above and talking in room next door. Towels paper-thin and really small.

Breakfast add GBP ??
Parking add GBP 10 (and you can only get in once for this price)
Internet add GBP 8.50

For GBP 60 per night it would be OK. For GBP 129 NOT.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dirk B
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and post your comment regarding Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel. I wish to apology because we could not meet your expectation.

Before the room is booked we try to fairly inform all dear guests reading the price structure Ibis hotels apply and additional payable service of our economy hotel. We recommend to visit the official website of the hotel.
The guests can also make advantage of the special rate in the car park which next to the hotel but it does not managed by the hotel. This special rate is valid for 24h but you can renew it at any time.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I am currently on the first morning of a three night stay at the Ibis Hotel in Aberdeen - as my flat is not currently habitable. I booked on booking.com and rang ahead to confirm my booking.

I arrived quite late and was checked in swiftly - after the guy I had spoken to earlier cracked a joke and told me my booking did not exist. Cheeky!

I think the staff are fantastic and whilst speaking to them during check in they mentioned they loved to have banter with guests and it is wonderful how you can do that whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism. Great :)

My room is on the fifth floor with a great view of Aberdeen Harbour and it has everything you need here - wifi, movies on demand, music, telephone and en suite. The bed is comfortable and if, like me, you like to spend time alone there is a shop around the corner for wine and munches.

Food is nice and the breakfast is plentiful - there is so much to choose from so well worth the money.

I now own and run my own Company so I can confidently say this is a well run establishment and I will be making a point of saying this to the Manager before I leave.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank lifeisaflower
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire team please accept our grates appreciation.
Your comments are very important to us not just because you are satisfied with the service of the hotel but because your feedbacks motivate us. The team can recognise and feel how much they are pleased once they complete that "extra mile".
Thank you very much once more, please feel free to contact me at any time in the hotel and I hope we can welcome you back soon.
Ibis Aberdeen Center

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed last saturday to IBIS aberdeen with my friend and It was my first trip to aberdeen. the first thing about the hotel is good location and surrounded by good restaurant and pubs too. I found hotel really good and I had comfortable stay. The staff is really polite specially one receptionist named Abbey she is attentive and guide me well about aberdeen city. I would love to come back again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robert p
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am sure that Abby also appreciate your feedback. Couple of weeks ago a guest posted a comment that she was only trainee and she run the hotel. We knew and it seems now this short time was enough to develop her natural excellent customer service.
We wish you could stay again soon and Abby will be here to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been always staying in IBIS whenever I go in Aberdeen for my ship implementation work for our company. For me, I found the hotel a very good location because it was near to all establishments and harbour. With regards to the rooms, for me it was clean and comfortable or in general 'OK' since I am just using the room for sleeping after work because I am at the office most of the time. For the food, I found it very good also. The reception were kind and also special mention to my friend 'Peter Paradi' who was serving me fantastic dinner. And sometimes we were exchanging ideas on how to improve the service such as adding some new menu/food because sometimes it is also not good to eat the same food every night. But all in all, I like staying at IBIS. I just have one request with the management, maybe they can have the internet access for free because I had compared it to some of the IBIS hotel such as in Amsterdam, they offer free internet access. That's all and more success. :)

Room Tip: Suggestion to all travellers who will be checking in the hotel. Be observant. Try to check first the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
We really appreciate you kind comments especially on behalf of Peter.
We look forward to welcome you in the hotel and make your stay excellent again.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed last night in the Ibis. Modern building, hotel is part of a multi functional complex which incledes an adjacent NCP car park.

We booked through Bookings.com which was a bit misleading. Made reference to an all you can eat breakfast buffet and there was only one price option which implied breakfast was included but wasn`t.

Check in was quick and efficient. Trainee receptionist said we could park outside the hotel. We were sceptical and double checked and foung out we couldn`t which could have been an expensive error on her part. Parking was £17 for 24 hours but reduced to £10 if ticket validated by hotel staff.

Room was clean, reasonably well equipped with a wc/shower capsule. Bed was comfortable although had a couple of bite marks when I woke up which was a little disconcerting and sound proofing wasn`t great.

Bar/dining area contemporary and open plan. However prices for snacks and wine in particular very pricey

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and post your kind comments here.
I wish to clerify that the hotel is in the city centre and as any other centre the parking is fully restricted. We do not recommend to park on the street. Please follow the latest traffic sign.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here on the 15 September due to the excellent location. Check-in was very efficient and every thing was explained. The room and the hotel itself was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. A couple of negatives were that during the night we found the room to be very warm and stuffy making a good nights sleep hard, and owing to the busy location of the hotel with the window open it was very noisy due to the constant traffic and working of the harbour. Only in the morning were we told there was a problem with the air conditioning on the 4th floor! Also breakfast was a disappointment especially the hot food.

Room Tip: Not the 4th floor!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
Unfortunately the hotel does not have air-condition. The fan you can see in the room is air handling unit only. The system is not able to cool the room lower than 18 degree Celsius and it is turning to heat if the outside temperature is lower than 10 degree Celsius.
That is why you can have a feeling it is not working.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed one night at hotel. Location is perfect for Aberdeen city centre. Room was first class. Reception staff were very welcoming and smiling, a joy to check-in. Room rate was very good for Aberdeen. I did not have breakfast. But would defnetly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and post your comment on this forum.
We hope we can welcome you again in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel soon.
The same team will be here to make sure your next stay is going to be same experience.