Stayed 3 nights at this hotel recently and could not fault it, from the kind welcome we received from ALL the reception staff, special mention for Amelia, Kamilla and lovely Abbey who is a trainee, for their help in obtaining a suitable room for us and their explanation of the evacuation procedure for disabled guests in the event of a fire alarm being sounded, in which they are all fully trained. Guest with hearing problems are given a vibrating pillow if they wish, this will alert them to an alarm sounding in an emergency.
A mention for the other reception staff too who were extremely pleasant and quite happy to come round to the front of the desk and speak to us. Reception is bright and comfortable where a drink at the bar is available, and there are newspapers to read.
Our spotlessly clean room was bright and well proportioned with a desk and chair at the perfect height and the room had ample storage space. Our room had a large bathroom providing a walk-in shower with seat and plenty of grab rails. We had a superb view of the docks and as the window was triple glazed there was no noise at night. Very comfortable beds, despite most of their twin rooms being situated on the 5th floor, helpful staff arranged for the disabled room we got on the 2nd floor to be made into a twin. The house-maids we encountered were cheery and friendly. Good, spacious lift in the hotel too and as I have an electric mobility scooter I was able to park it in a windowed alcove next to our room where it wouldn't cause an obstruction.
Re breakfast, I found it odd that an earlier reviewer would complain about it, breakfast could be taken from 4:00 am onwards, there was a hot food buffet available between 6:30 am and 10:00 am and the cold buffet continued on till noon, there was plenty of coffee on tap at breakfast especially espresso! We have never stayed in a hotel where a breakfast was available from 4:00 am till noon! The efficient lady keeping her eye on the tables and food at breakfast was pleasant and friendly like all the other staff we've come across in the hotel.
The hotel is situated right next to an NCP car park which costs £16 per day to park but if requested the reception staff of the hotel will clip your ticket and when you pay to exit the car park hotel guests are charged a lower rate of £10, we had no grouse with this charge as it meant our car was secure and within easy reach of the hotel, especially as ours was in a disabled parking bay close to the entrance, the gentleman who mans the car park was very kind and helpful.
Aberdeen is a vibrant and interesting city well worth a visit and I have already recommended this hotel to friends and family thinking of visiting Aberdeen. When comparing the hotel to some we've stayed in that charged £100 per night the Ibis is way up there on value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland