1,148 results
All reviewsunion streetvue cinemamaritime museumreduced ratencp car parkmain shoppingcentral locationrail stationaberdeen centreexcellent locationper daytea and coffee facilitiescomfy bedshort staygood nights sleepbusiness trippleasant stay
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The good thing about chain hotels is that you usually know what you are getting and this is no exception
The rooms are very comfortable with the bed being one of the more comfortable that the chains put out there. The bathroom pods are quite funky and the room offers everything that you need for a decent stay. The only slight annoyance was that the TV is quite fiddly and you seem to have to push a lot of buttons to get to terrestrial TV
Location is a 5 minute walk to Union Square which means that you are close to everything
All in all a very nice hotel and thoroughly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank so much for give your comment.
We have recently changed all the beds in the hotel and it is good to read that the guests like this new comfort.
We hope you will also be satisfied if you visit any other Ibis location in UK or you are coming back to ibis Aberdeen Centre.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Because of my job I stay at many hotels in the UK mainly for one night. I do praise hotels when they are good and feel my write ups are unbiased wether good or bad. It is how I found my stay on that particular day. Sorry sir we have had staff off sick/shortage/left isnt realy our concern, this is how I found itIgnorant staff, when I questioned them about parking I was told it was £10 and it served me right for believing what was on the booking.com site. The room was dirty, especially the bathroom.wooden floors(Sorry I prefer carpets) gave me dirty socks in minutes.I noticed room service trays left by the lift and were still there complete with half eaten food when I left 15 hours later.. Undercooked or overcooked were the breakfast choices and rip off prices for wifi. _there is far better for the price.

Room Tip: by the time you have added on all the extras you could stay somewhere £30 dearer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RichardofCalder
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,
I was so regret because your stay was not what you expected. I am also so sorry to read your comment after I have received your quality report and I fairly answered. Then you have contacted our customer service where we also responded and we offered you compensation, so we really wanted to turn your feeling around.
I fully understand that you were very-very annoyed with the hotel and please accept my grates apologies once more.
I have advised already, that the mentioned website is not the official website of the hotel. We are attached to the NCP car park however they are separate company. The hotel guests have special deal and discounted price available.
I understand that you prefer the carpet but unfortunately we have wooden floor considering the large number of guest with several type of allergies.
The ibis hotels do not have room service but if we have time we are pleased to offer to the guests.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was my first stay at the Ibis and only stayed because Travelodge was fully booked ,this is where I usually stay. However from now on I will always stay at the Ibis. The room and en suite were lovely and clean, and it was nice to have a duvet on the bed rather than just sheets. The bathroom was lovely and featured an amazing shower, barely a trickle of water comes from the travelodge showers. Also the shower cubicle was surprisingly large. Hotel staff were accomodating and even afforded mysef and my friend a late check out time of 2pm at no extra cost. The hotel is in a perfect location for a night out and dining out (Henry's bar serve amazing food and are right next to the hotel) and the glazing situation means there is no outside noise, however be sure you recognise the extra inside window as there were a few banged noses on ours haha! Being able to connect phone/ipod to tv was a brilliant extra! I never experienced the breakfast service due to a slight hangover however the rest of the services provided at the ibis certainly deserve 10 out of 10 in my books :) I also had an AMAZING sleep... this isn't common for me, I must say the bed was extremely comfortable!! Lovely hotel, I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Ladies,
It was our great pleasure to welcome you in Ibis Aberdeen Centre.
I am happy to share your nice feedbacks with the team.
It is very visible that you could enjoy the lot extra we are proud to serve to our guest in an economy category hotel.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is great but really it's just a travelodge with a larger flat screen tv.

Rooms are very basic and everywhere I look it reminds me of travelodge, to be honest very over priced for what the hotel is.

Oh and the room are laminated floors and the beds are on wheels so and funny business makes you end up on the other side of the room much to me and the person I was with surprise.

• Stayed: July 2012
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank very much for your feedback.
The way you assessed the hotel indicates me that you were satisfied.

The hotel is in economy segment however we believe our attention to details, modern design, smile on reception and quality make the different. The hotel also makes advantage of very good central location.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

hotel spotless ,quiet, very central. assistant manager alvaro cortes is very helpful. and look forward to going back to the ibis in the next few weeks.

Room Tip: rooms away from lift are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank paul m
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
This is really the way on Monday morning we like start working, your comment was the very first we looked today. Thank you very much on behalf of the team and Alvaro. We make sure your following stays are going to be same convenient.