1,146 results
All reviewsunion streetvue cinemamaritime museumreduced ratencp car parkmain shoppingcentral locationrail stationaberdeen centreexcellent locationper daytea and coffee facilitiescomfy bedshort staygood nights sleepbusiness trippleasant stay
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great city centre location. Budget hotel which was clean and functional. Downside was that the enterance was quite dirty with the ashtray overflowing and cigarette butts were lying at the enterance.Overall, great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back of the hotel as the front rooms look out on to a nightclub which can be noisy in the wee sma hours.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank for you nice comment.
I can assure that the night club does not disturb our guest because we have special windows. But you are right; I would also ask room in the back side but to see the vessels :)

We clean the cigarette rubbish very frequently but we would appreciate if smokers may also care the environment little more –and not just here- because we have 2 ashtrays located front of the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope we can welcome you again in Ibis Aberdeen Centre soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The only thing to note is that you will have to add nearly £20 for parking and its at an NCP next door to the Hotel. We were frugal and I parked the car about half a mile walk away. It was safe and the saving paid for lunch the next day. Difficult to fault this place but nothing to say 'wow' about!

1  Thank The_Peppin-Hugheses

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and pots comment on this platform.
We are negotiating with local car parks for sepcial deal but unfortunately they are not open to corporate with hotels.
However there are several car parks located around the hotel within walking distance and you can find more reasonable rates as well.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night, hotel is very central, only a couple of mins walk from the train station and shopping centre. Our room was really clean and a decent size, we paid £47 for the room which, considering the location, we found was really good value for money. If I was in Aberdeen again I would not even bother looking at anywhere else and would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for you kind comments.
The cleanness is one of our top quality priorities including other services of the hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and on both occasions I have had to complain about the Noise problems encountered at this hotel. The first time I stayed for a couple of nights and had just arrived onshore from working nightshift. I went to bed about 4pm for a quick nap to help me turn around back onto days! I couldn't sleep, the background noise in the room was terrible and I had to ask to be moved to a more quiet part of the hotel (being rear facing room on level 4). After being moved I was happy and the hotel was fine for my requirements.

On the second most recent occasion I checked in for one night and I asked the receptionist if I could get a room that was "quiet" as I had trouble sleeping with noise on the first floor on my last visit. I was placed in a forward facing room on the second floor.

I decided to try and go to sleep about 10pm and turned off the TV only to hear voices/ conversations from other rooms, banging doors, footsteps in corridor and worst of all was a constant noise only what can best be described as a hollow thud (almost like a tennis ball being bounced off an external wall - you get the idea).

After trying to put up with this noise and thinking it would pass it didn't! I decided to call reception at 23:15 to be told I could move room, however considering I was waking up at 05:00 (to check-in early) and only staying one night I decided that it would be easier to stay put! Rather than to repack my belongings and go to reception and be moved elsewhere only to unpack etc....Bad mistake!

On checking out I was told that this "noise" was a known problem and that is was due to the Gym equipment being used next door in the 24 hour GYM!!! Not affiliated to Ibis! And on Future occasions I should ask for a "quiet" room!!!! Even though I asked in the first instance, needless to say I won't book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a "quiet" room!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RMAD24
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and give us your feedback.
We would like to make sure that that we delivery excellent customer service to every guest. Unfortunately, sometimes guest is disturbed by other guest inside or outside the hotel. If you give us the opportunity to stay in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel, please call the hotel after you have completed the reservation and we can pre-allocate any room you wish.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The rooms were clean and efficiently laid out giving a feeling of more space than there was. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff were friendly and helpful. Only gripes would be that the bed was too hard and that we couldn't turn the temperature down in the room, so had to leave the window open all night close to a busy road. Location was great for the town centre, train and bus stations though.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
H5170-GM, Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying in Ibis Aberdeen Centre hotel.
We appreciate your kind feedback especially related to the breakfast. We are focusing a lot to improve the quality of the restaurant service of the hotel.