I stayed here on 17/2/2012. I got discounted room rate (£32.00) and half price breakfast (£3.25) when I payed for the breakfast at time of booking.
Hotel is very clean, smart and tidy including the rooms. Beds comfortable, and for a budget hotel I couldn't fault it (you dont expect 5* facilities if you are only paying this amount!). Hotel seems like an IKEA hotel (everything looks like it is slotted together like lego because basically it is!) but this didnt really bother me as I wasnt staying here for top of the range decoration.
Rooms are VERY well soundproofed - hotel is right in city centre next to harbour with large boats coming and going all the time. I couldnt hear anything outside the hotel at anypoint until I opened my window in the morning so very good on that point.
hairdryers, tea+coffe facilities are provided in the rooms
No irons in the rooms but there is an "ironing room" on each floor which is free to use.
No free parking at hotel - parking will cost you £16 a night (if you are parking for more than 12hours) in the NCP next door (although this does give you a 24hour parking pass so you can go shopping or whatever the next day until your time runs out).
Breakfast (yes I know it was cheap) was pretty poor - all the cooked food was overcooked and had been left under the heating lamps for far too long as all the bacon was rock hard! The cold ham looked like it had been on the plate for a few days as the edges were all dry and curled up like you get when you leave food in a fridge uncovered. When fresh bacon ets was brought out it was still fairly poor and tough to eat.
Had I been paying the full hotel price of £7.99 for the breakfast I would have complained.
There is a selection of cereal and fresh croissants/bread which was ok.
If this hotel put as much effort into the breakfast as they do with the rest of the hotel, then this would be a faultless budget hotel.
Definately worth it for the money I paid, but if I had been paying full price (from £49 a night) I would have been disappointed as there are better hotel options in aberdeen for similar or cheaper (Holiday inn express in Brige of don for example or Best Western at Dyce)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland