This is a typical Ibis, clean, utilitarian with a very convenient location and the added bonus of a decent breakfast room.
Opened in the summer of 2011 (my business stay was in November 2011 for three nights) , the hotel is still new and that means the rooms are to a very good standard. Sound in the rooms did not seem to be a problem and the bed was comfortable. The bath is a 'Pod' but it has plenty of space and a good sized shower and good light.
The hotel seems to be attracting a business crowd from the conversations I had at the bar or at breakfast. Parking is next door and there is a charge, but it is reasonable.
As is the case in many budget hotels, internet is an extra charge. Its a decent option to consider in Aberdeen if there for either business or you want some place close to shopping on Union Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland