Have just returned from a lovely stay at the Ibis Aberdeen. We got a cheap rate through a promotion on the Ibis website and at £47 for two people including a plentiful breakfast you really cannot fault the place!
Room was compact but clean, tidy and had everything we needed for a one night stay. We didn't have any shower gel or shampoo provided though so make sure you bring along your own!
The hotel is located directly opposite the maritime museum which was the main reason for our visit, and is about a 15 minute walk to the beach and 5 mins to union street shops.
The only down-side to our stay at the Ibis was our rude awakening at 4am... then 4.30am by a drunken man banging loudly on his door to wake up his room mate as he had lost his key card. I'm pretty sure the whole floor must have been woken by him and we weren't the only ones annoyed by his behaviour. In saying this, I totally understand that this was not the hotel's fault at all- but maybe some soundproofing of doors would have been a good idea. On that note, the soundproof windows were fantastic as there is a nightclub across the road.
Overall it was a great stay at the Ibis and would recommend it to others travelling to Aberdeen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland