Could not get my usual haunt on a couple of occasions recently so unfortunately I had to endure Aberdeen city centre. The parking situation is a joke if ur staying on business.
Although I got charged £15.00 for overnight parking & I had to pay for the Wifi.
The hotel is pretty new. It was clean, well kept, & staff although not British were polite & courteous & helpful all the time.
The room is simple, but fresh & the bed big & comfortable. The bathroom a bit quirky as its a all in one cube set up. But actually it was great & the shower good too.
For £45 in Aberdeen city centre & its crazy prices usually over inflated due to the oil industry. Ibis Aberdeen was excellent value for money. Only downside is once you add on the parking & wifi it soon adds up. It was on a room only basis.
I did not have breakfast as it was extra so cannot comment. (About £9.50 I think)
If my usual haunt out of town is not available I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre is a newly opened hotel, located in the centre of Aberdeen. The railway and bus station are just a few minutes walk away at Union Square. The ferry terminal and Aberdeen Maritime Museum are just opposite our front door.All business locations as well as Aberdeen City Council Headquarters are within five minutes walk together with the shopping and restaurants in the famous Union Street. The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre (AECC) and Aberdeen Airport are both a short 20 minutes drive away. The A9 and A96 motorways are easily accessible from the hotel together with Market Street, Virginia Street and many more of the city's main attractions, all within the surrounding vicinity of the hotel. Our guests can visit many of the local attractions such as Balmoral Castle, summer home of the Royal Family being one of many famous Castles to be seen in this beautiful Scottish country side. Why not go on the Whisky Trail and try a Speyside malt? Codonas Amusement Park, Aberdeen Art Gallery or any of the amazing golf courses are all close by. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant, guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast or continental breakfast available from 4am till noon, snacks and evening meals are offered 24 hours per day. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and free WIFI internet. The hotel is adjacent to the NCP car park and Pure Gym Aberdeen which is open 24 hours per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ibis Aberdeen Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Hotel Aberdeen
- Ibis Aberdeen Centre Scotland