“rubbish”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“rubbish”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We used to order from shanghai and now I remember why we stopped ordering. The meal arrived very quickly, if honest too quickly. The starter was okay but a bit cold. My husband ordered the chicken Maryland which was disappointing and the chips seemed to be old and re-heated. I had ordered a thai red chicken curry and I received what seemed to be a rubbery lemon chicken. At thirty quid this was a complete waste of money and we will not order from there again.

• Visited April 2014

“DREADFUL SERVICE”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have had takeaways from Shanghai for several years on a fairly regular basis and have always been pleased with the service and quality of food. However, tonight we ordered takeaway as usual. When I phoned to place the order the price was much more than I expected. I queried the price over the telephone, and never got an explanation, but just thought they had put their prices up. When the meal arrived I ended up having to pay much more than I expected. The driver showed me the bill which showed a £3.00 delivery charge. We have never paid this before. The driver said he was new so could not comment. I apologised to driver saying that I could not afford a tip now due to this charge. I decided to phone the restaurant as I was sure it was a genuine mistake. I spoke to the same male on the telephone who said this charge has been in place for 2 years and that he was going on what was on his screen. I said that we had been a regular customer of theirs for years and had never paid a delivery charge before. I said that I did not think we would be using their takeaway again because of this. He told me it was 'my choice' and then hung up! I feel sorry for the owner as if this is how his staff treat the regular customers then he or she will be very quickly out of business.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Elspeth M
“Don't waste your money!!!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a take away from here and it was the worst Chinese we have ever had!! Thai green chicken curry with no chilli or cocoanut milk just chicken onions and oil, smoked shredded chicken was so hard and over cooked I could not chew it! Think the chef needs to go back to cook school!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank one_loveuk23
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Laid back gem of a find”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just had a lovely two course meal with my partner. Yes the decor isn't something skin to a Michellin starred restaurant but who cares? IMO it was quite a kitsch looking place. Anyway, lovely service, prompt delivery of food to our table and great tasting food. Chicken and Sweetcorn soup followed by Thai yellow curry for me. Both delicious. Partner thought the same about his smoked chicken starter and the chicken in ginger and spring onion. I would recommend this to anyone who is not wanting anything fancy but wants to be well fed on Chinese food. £37 all in for 2 courses each, 2 juices and 2 beers. Very glad I came here. And will recommend to friends.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank massie_le
“Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is just awful. No music, no atmosphere, empty restaurant, freezing cold, terrible food (overloaded with gloopy MSG), overpriced!

Trip advisor fellows, please do not go here!

• Visited May 2013