“poor service”

Amicus Apple
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amicus Apple is a modern and lively social rendezvous with her finger firmly on the pulse of the contemporary social scene.Effortlessly cool cutting edge design meets molecular cocktail madness and craft products behind the bar whilst the food is a harmonious blend of British familiar with elements of the unfamiliar to make it that little bit special.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

have been in a lot in the past and enjoy great value and lovely food and cocktails but have experienced shocking service this visit waiting at the bar.
waited at least 15mins to get served and the one person behind the bar was busy making cocktails for tables. it wasnt busy but clearly understaffed and at no point was i acknowledged or appologised to for my wait.

Hazel A, Assistant General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

At Amicus Apple we always welcome feedback from our customers in all forms, I am very sorry to hear that it was not a positive experience for you.

We take pride in our service and our team are trained to a high standard to ensure speedy and courteous customer service at all times and I am pleased to hear that you have had great experiences with us in the past albeit not on this occasion.

I have contacted you directly and look forward to inviting you back in to put things right.

Many thanks,

There are newer reviews for Amicus Apple

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Had a selection of cocktails over the evening and basically just left the staff to make me random ones...they made them up and each time told mefexactly wat was in each of them..they were all delicious, the brandy one was particularly strong and delicious, but they well all brilliant..my fiance thoroughly enjoyed his pints of lager too..every one happy all round..definitely be back when we visit Aberdeen again

Hazel A, Assistant General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you very much for your review.

I am happy to hear that you had a lovely evening with us and our talented bartenders took care of you.

Here at Amicus we pride ourselves on being able to create something a little bit different which is shown through our menu but we are always willing to try something new and exciting to cater to our customers taste.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Arrived to celebrate a speacial birthday which had been booked for 7.30 but advised there would be a short wait so had cocktails at the bar at 7.40 again told sorry about the wait but as an apology would we accept a bottle of wine free of charge to have with our meal got seated at 7.45 at met our lovely server Abbie who was friendly and took our order which was delivered hot and very tasty 3 of us had the haddock as a main the batter was crispy and the fish thick and very fresh not sure about the wire baskets they are served in think I would have rather have had a plate service and food were excellent and will return.

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a great night with us.

Here at Amicus we always try to turn every situation into a positive and on this occasion I am very pleased to hear that we succeeded. I will pass on your comments to Abbie, I am sure she will be over the moon.. she really is a wee gem.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've walked past Amicus Apple several times assuming it was just a fairly small bar. Actually it is a "Tardus" like restaurant and bar, much larger than the apparent front area. Food is very good, they have an extensive cocktail menu and will make cocktails that aren't on the menu on request. Service is outstanding, being both very friendly and highly efficient. I'll be back (often!).

Hazel A, Assistant General Manager at Amicus Apple, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m glad to hear that you had such a great overall experience with us.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

After trying dresses on for our best friends wedding we visited amicus for some cocktails and food. We were all on a high because our friend had chosen the most gorgeous dresses! We had cocktails which were absolutely superb as usual and some delicious prosecco :-) after great perusal (because everything sounded so yummy) we had decided to share the delicious meats, breads and oils for our starter - this was lovely and also nice to just pick away at while we discussed Henny talk :-) all our mains were punished off with great satisfaction and had no room for sweets but had a little space for a couple more cheeky cocktails. Great end to our great day!! We'll all be back.... Possibly for the Henny ;-)

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your day out with us.

Amicus Apple is the type of place to enjoy an afternoon out with the girls with our wide range of food and cocktails along with the laid back atmosphere, it’s the perfect place whatever the occasion.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back very soon.