“Yummy food”

Tropeiro Aberdeen
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Tropeiro is a Brazilian steak house based on the 'Rodizio' concept which translates to English as 'continuous service'.In Brazil we take the simplest idea of combining wonderfully seasoned meat and flames, with skill and patience in order to capture their individual flavour.These mouthwatering meats are cooked on an open fire and carved at your table-side. Our menu offers twelve different cuts of meat (five at lunch) including a mixture of chicken, pork, lamb and different beef cuts served alongside a generous buffet of gourmet salads, side dishes and Brazilian stews.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great service and excellent food. Came away feeling rather fat and full! Sides were delicious and plenty of choice! Meat was cooked perfectly.

1  Thank gingerabbit

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Dined here with 2 friends who were visiting from england as we thought it looked good and wanted to try somewhere new. Our hopes were high as website states its £25 per person at dinner and its a meat feast style eatery.

When we first arrived, the restaurant was quiet as it was a sunday night. We were promptly shown to our table yet it took over 10mins to be asked if we would like anything to drink, or to be explained how the order / food process works.

The side ddishes from the buffet were very tasty, however all the skewered meats we were brought were very fatty. Chewy, difficult to eat, and very very well done so tough as old bots. We complained politely and were told that one of the meats should be chewy and we should try another. More meats came, each one we were hoping would be nicer but was exactly the same problem. The waitress seemed embarrassed that we complained and was begging us to come back again. We hardly ate a lot of food but dident even get a discount. We were told thar we should have asked the waiters for medium cooked pieces but when we spoke to the waiters one didnt even speak english .
£114 bill for 4 people, would have been acceptable for a nice meal but definately not these cheap meats.
Will not return and would not recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

As I have described in the title of the review, the service was definately better on the second visit to Tropeiro. The staff came round more regularly with food instead of once every ten to fifteen minutes. There was also more selection of food to choose from.

Staff were very friendly and we were given a table straight away. The taste of the food was still excellent and the restaurant was very clean and tidy.

The only disadvantage I had experienced this time round was the noise from a group of men sitting a few tables from where I was. They were laughing, screaming and swearing and they were very distracting. I did not see any of the Topeiro staff telling them to quieten down and shocked to see there were kids sitting nearby as well listening to them.

1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A few of us went in the other week. Some had been before, including myself. Again lots of meat to eat. The red/green card system is really good, but you have to keep your eyes open for when the good meat is on offer. Lots of sausages and cheap cuts to fill you up. The buffet bar in the middle has plenty to choose from, so you never need to have an empty plate. We all enjoyed the evening though. Very relaxed and no feeling that you have to rush, unlike some other eat all you can places in Aberdeen.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went here for a meal through the week, it was unplanned and I had always fancied trying it. The service was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. The meat served was exceptional- it was tender and lean and the flavour was incredible. I have to admit I didn't sample the salad bar too often as I wanted to fill myself up with the tasty meat. I would highly recommend this restaurant.