“Very high standard accommodation and amazing value”

Skene House Rosemount
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Glasgow
“Very high standard accommodation and amazing value”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I travel to Aberdeen two or three times a year and now only stay at the Skene House Hotels. Rosemount is my favourite of the three, especially the newly refurbished block we stayed in last. You get a very high spec one bedroom flat with kitchen for the cost of a standard hotel room. Incredible value, good location and a very high standard of accommodation.

• Stayed October 2012
jan-skene, Manager at Skene House Rosemount, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Skene House Rosemount after your recent visit.
It was very nice to read that Skene House is your preferred hotel when visiting Aberdeen. It was also quite good to know that Skene House Rosemount is your favourite!
Judging by your description I believe you might have been allocated a suite in our Church building on your last stay. Please do not hesitate to request either this suite or this building for your future stays.
Thank you again and hopefully we will see you soon.
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Up for a funeral in Aberdeen and arrived at Skene Rosemount. We arrived before our room was ready (we expected that) but the reception staff couldn't have been more helpfull.
They gave us a room to get changed into our suits etc, and even helped us with our ties! When we got back after funeral to check in, pleasantly surprised at suite we were given. Large warm clean and quiet. Excellent. Have used other Skene houses in the past and I would not see past this group. Other benefit was breakfast was already in rooms for us which again was great as had 'Fat Heads' in the morning! and saved enduring a dining room. Only fault I could mention is the building doesn't have a lift so if stairs are a problem to you then ask for a low room. Will definately be back.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with stairs, get a low room, No lift
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Skene House Rosemount after your recent visit with us. I was very sorry to note the reason for your trip tp Aberdeen.
It was very nice to read that our reception team had managed to provide somewhere to get ready on arrival. Our check in time is 2pm but if at all possible we will always allow early arrivals.
As you mentioned some of our suites do not have lift access but if this is a problem we will be happy to try to arrange a lower floor. We are not always able to make changes on arrival but please do not hesitate to call ahead of time to make any special request.
Thank you again and I hope your next visit is for happier reasons.
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our visit to the Skene House Rosemount in Aberdeen was great. Our superior one bedroom suite gave us lots of space. It was on the top floor done in a sleek modern décor with the bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The living room and dining area were cozy and the full kitchen included a dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and had lots of counter space. The bellman made sure there was fresh milk as well as all the necessities for morning tea or coffee. The upstairs bedroom was spacious. We liked the large bathroom which can be rare in some of the European cities. We had some terrific roof top views. Free parking was also a plus in this busy city. Another plus was the complimentary internet. Location, Location, Location! The Skene House Rosemount is very convenient. We were just a block from the main thoroughfare for shopping and sightseeing in Aberdeen. The complimentary morning breakfast was excellent. We can easily recommend the Skene House Rosemount to visitors whether couples, families or business travelers.

Room Tip: Being on the top floor our suite was more spacious and open with rooftop views of the city.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount.
From your comments I think you were in one of our duplex superior suites. I have to agree that the view over the rooftops of Aberdeen is quite a nice one. Unfortunately there are only 4 suites like this so please make sure to contact either reception or reservations to request it for any future stays.
It was also very nice to read that you enjoyed the 'excellent' breakfast. I will make sure these comments are passed along to our chef and waiting staff.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Aberdeen.
Kleppestø, Hordaland, Norway
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A very nice Suite Hotel, situated i city centre, 5 min. walk from Union Street and shopping centre. Spacy and nice suites with one or more bedroom, bathrom and livingroom with kitchen, equiped with everything for your needs. TV & HI-FI included. Coosy breakfastroom with extended continental menu. Small reception which will bee extended. Good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Skene House Rosemount for your recent business trip to Aberdeen.
It was good to know that the suite had everything you needed for your visit.
As you mentioned we are shortly to start on a refurbishment program in our reception area which will then give us more space for a lounge where our guests can sit with a cup of tea and read the paper or meet with friends or colleagues from other suites. This will take some time to complete but will hopefully be an improvement to our (presently quite small) reception area.
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I Love Skene House Rosemount, felt good staying there as the apartment for two was modern, clean and staff is always very helpful and welcoming, including staff in breakfast area. Always smiling and serviceminded. Had a one bedroom suite with a very Nice bathroom. Feels like a calm area, and very central, never had to walk far to Get to union street, shopping centres ( bon accord is my favourite ) and restaurants. Would stay again, have also stayed in Skene House Holburn before, prefer Rosemount because of location and standard.
A bit Hard matress but as long as you don't mind...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Skene House Rosemount.
It was great to read that you had a perfect stay with us. Our staff work hard so it is always nice when their hard work is commented on. I will make sure to pass your comments on to them.
I was sorry to note that you found the mattress a bit hard. Please do not hesitate to contact our reception team before you next visit and they will be happy to make sure you are allocated a suite with a softer mattress. With 101 suite we do have a selection so I'm sure we will find something more to your liking. I hope this one was not to uncomfortable and you got some sleep.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was in Aberdeen with my boyfriend, I used to live near the city so I wanted to show him around ... a trip down memory Lane and Skene House was the perfect base for our trip.

We wanted to stay in a nice place, but we didn't want to spend too much. The price of the suit was great value with free secure parking and as each suite has its own kitchen facilities this gave us the option to eat in.

We stayed in a executive suite for three nights, the room was very clean and modern, breakfast supplies were topped up daily.

The Rosemount location is just a 5 minute walk to union street (Aberdeen high street) which has an array of bars and restaurants if you would prefer to eat out. The self contained suites also have their own front door onto the street and back door straight into the car park. We coud see our car from our room which was also very comforting.

The staff were very pleasant, smiley and helpful. All in all we had a great trip.
Skene House staff have thought of everything and put it all in one place.

Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Skene House Rosemount after you stayed with us recently.
I'm glad we were able to help in your trip down memory lane. It was good to know that our suites provided the base you needed for your trip.
Having a kitchen in the suite can make all the difference as it just gives you extra options. We also have a selection of partner restaurants which are happy to send your dinner bill back to us so it can all be paid for in one payment at the end of your stay. The selection of restaurants are quite varied, from a steakhouse to an Italian to a cosy little seafood restaurant. They are all quite central and our reception team would be happy to make reservations and book taxis if required.
Thank you again and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I was in Aberdeen for the weekend for a friend's leaving party from work. I booked a 1 bed Executive suite after reading the reviews online and seeing the price was a mere £15 more than a Premier Inn. After my stay I completely understand why Skene House ranks at the top of the tree in Aberdeen.

The bedroom is immaculately clean and well maintained. The lighting is lovely, there was plenty of storage space, a full length mirror and free wifi. The bathroom had a shower cubicle big enough for 4 and was again spotlessly clean.

The kitchen/living area is well appointed, the TV is MASSIVE and with a full selection of channels pretty much unlike many hotels. The kitchen had all the essential equipment and breakfast supplies including fresh milk which I think makes a huge difference. No one likes those little Uht pots do they?

I can't really believe I got such a gorgeous apartment for just £64. I don't know what the difference is in the superior suites, but the executive one was great. My only minor criticisms (you can tell there aren't many), would be the water in the bathroom sink was very difficult to control with regard to temperature. It was either scalding hot or freezing cold, no mean feat with a mixer tap. Also instead of an iron and ironing board, you're provided with a combined Corby contraption that is really difficult to use for left handed people because of the way it is designed. I found it really awkward. Why not just have an iron and a board?

The staff were really friendly and chatty too, everything was dealt with with the minimum of fuss. There was a small mix up with my bag, it hadn't been placed in my suite for me (I'd dropped it off before check in), but I was reunited with it quickly and reception even called to apologise once it had arrived.

I'm now looking for a reason to return to Aberdeen to stay at Skene House! Top marks all round.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MrBarberella
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your recent visit to Skene House Rosemount.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend away.
The main difference between our executive and superior suites is that we provide breakfast provisions in the suites for our executive suites and deluxe continental breakfast in our breakfast room is included in the rate for our superior suites. All of our guests are more than welcome to use our Park Room. There are small extra charges for all cooked breakfasts and for the continental breakfasts for guests in our executive suites.
This is the first time a guest has mentioned the difficulty with the combined irons/iron boards but we will certainly take this on board for our next purchases. In the meantime please be aware that we do have some separate irons and iron boards and our concierge will be happy to take one to your suite should you need it on your next trip.
I will make sure that our staff get a chance to read your review. They will be very happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip.
manager